The Promotion Committee has the job of promoting downtown as the center of commerce, culture and community life for residents and visitors alike. To be effective this committee must move beyond cookie-cutter downtown promotion ideas. Specifically:
- Understanding the changing market - identifying both potential shoppers and the competition;
- Identifying downtown assets - including people, buildings, heritage and institutions;
- Defining Main Street’s market niche - its unique position in the marketplace;
- Creating new image campaigns, retail promotions and special events - these activities should be market driven and designed to bring people back to downtown.
- Apr 22, 2018 -Colonial Beach coffee mugs and bagged sales began.
Current Projects and Activities