The Organization Committee plays a key role in keeping the board, committees and staff functioning by attracting people and money to the Main Street Program. To succeed, this committee must take responsibility for managing these financial and logistical aspects of the non-profit organization:
- Raising money - for projects and administration, from donations, sponsorships, etc.;
- Overseeing volunteer activities- by recruiting and supervising people, and rewarding good work;
- Promoting the program - to downtown interests and the public;
- Managing finances - by developing good accounting procedures.
- Jun 18 2018 - Grant Utilized to install flowerbed around Colonial Beach Welcome sign on Rt. 205
- Jun 14 2017 - DCB receives $750 grant from 30 Grants in Thirty Days to improve the gateway to Colonial Beach. For more info visit www.KeepVirginiaBeautiful.org.
Current Projects and Activities