The Design Committee plays a key role in shaping the physical image of Main Street as a place attractive to shoppers, investors, business owners and visitors. To succeed this committee must persuade business owners, building owners and civic leaders to adopt a specific approach for physical improvements to buildings, businesses and public improvements. Specifically:
- Educating others about good design - enhancing the image of each business as well as that of the district;
- Providing good design advice - encouraging quality improvements to private properties and public spaces;
- Planning Main Street’s development - guiding future growth and shaping regulations;
- Motivating others to make changes - creating incentives and targeting key projects.
Jun 20, 2017 - Collaboration with Historical Society on Walking Tour Brochure.
Summer 2017 - Awarded grant for flower beds at gateway
Jun 1, 2016 - Develop Streetscape design for Colonial Avenue
Spring 2016 - Initiated Red Geranium Project
Summer 2016 - refurbished Community Bulletin Board and added flowers
Current Projects and Activities
- Entryway flower beds on Colonial Avenue
- Hanging Banners on Colonial Avenue
- Researching preservation of historic buildings
- Soliciting ideas for murals on Colonial Avenue
- Exploring ideas for facade improvements on Colonial Avenue