Welcome to My Class!
My name is Mrs. Alighieri, but most students call me Mrs. A. I am a proud member of the Technology & Engineering department here at Dover-Sherborn High School. This semester, I'll be teaching Social Media Literacy as well as Web Design Using HTML and CSS. For a description of these courses, please refer to the DSHS Program of Studies. In addition to my teaching responsibilities I serve as the Technology Specialist at DSHS. I look forward to having you in my class this year!
Extra Help Opportunities
I will hold extra help opportunity sessions on Mondays & Tuesdays from 2:30 pm until 3:15 pm. If you cannot make it on these days please be sure to let me know and in most cases I can make arrangements with you for an alternate time. All extra help opportunity sessions will be held in computer lab 110B unless you are told otherwise. You must let me know ahead of time that you will be attending otherwise I may not be in the computer lab but in my office instead. My office is located in the library (in back of the circulation desk).
- Respect is the central tenet of this class: respect for each other and for each other’s property. This means that you will not touch anyone's computer/keyboard/mouse etc. Anyone found violating this rule will be issued a detention.
- Your assignments will be completed on time, and to the best of your ability.
- All work completed will be your own: cheating or plagiarism is strictly forbidden.
- You will arrive in class on time, and get prepared with your materials. This includes logging onto a computer and getting your class material out of your folder.
- You will not tamper with the computers. This includes but is not limited to; unplugging cables, altering the monitors, vandalizing the keyboards or mouse. Anyone found violating this rule will be issued a detention and may possibly lose the privilege of logging into the school's network.
- At the end of class, students will log off of the computers and clean up their work area.
- Students will honor the No Drinks, No Food policy.
- You are responsible for all missed work.
- Assignments due the day of your absence should be turned in the day you return.
- If you do not make up work within one week, it will be recorded as a zero.
The majority of work assigned in my class is designed to be completed during class. If a student is not able to meet a class deadline, then he/she is expected to complete the assignment outside of class.
Email is the best way to contact me.