with Ms. Pelletier
CHANGING THE ART WORLD....ONE PAINTING AT A TIME!
All students at Chickering school come to the ART STUDIO once a week for 40 minute blocks. Students are introduced to an artist, a technique or an art movement and encouraged to explore at their own pace. The class is run as an art studio, students are encouraged to be self sufficient and responsible creating and cleaning up their creative work space.
- Artists working together, respecting materials and others .
- Artists are encouraged to work at their own pace, however...we need to keep our minds and hands busy, talking is fine, if it is art chat happening.
- There is usually a demonstration of some sort during each class, artists are expected to pay attention...so they do not miss the really cool techniqes we will be exploring during class.
- Artists use REAL ART MATERIALS! guess what? SO DO ARTISTS AT CHICKERING! everyone has crayons and markers at home (not that there is anything wrong with them) but we use REALLY COOL MATERIALS...so please dress accordingly!!! ART IS MESSY! Wouldn't you be nervous if it wasn't????
THINGS WE COULD USE IN THE ART ROOM!
- anti bacterial hand soap ...we need to scrub our hands at the end of class!
- Baby Wipes or Antibacterial wipes...great for cleaning tables!
- Rolls of paper towels (art is messy) we use these to clean our paintbrushes! clean yogurt containers
- plastic clear egg containers ( we use for paints!)
- Clean adult T shirts we can use as smocks!