Parents & Families
Parental and Family support and participation is key to our success! Below is a list with ways you can help support our efforts to provide the best possible educational opportunities and experiences:
- Encourage active participation in all Band activities.
- Encourage practice at home. It is also the only way to progress within the structure of the program.
- Support the Band staff, students, and volunteers.
- Guide students to manage their time wisely and complete all school assignments in a timely and professional manner.
- Make sure students are present, prepared and on time. The DA Band program maintains an active schedule. Please follow the schedule closely to ensure your student attends all rehearsals and performances. Please look through the schedule before the season begins and communicate any conflicts with the Director immediately.
- Provide financial resources paying all fees on time and/or participate in fundraisers.
- If you have any questions, concerns, conflicts or problems, let us know as soon as they happen.
- Attend performances if your schedule permits. Your presence encourages your student and means a lot to them.
- Log into CHARMS to ensure your contact information is up to date so that you will receive updates on band activities and other important information.
- VOLUNTEER to help. There are many opportunities for you to get involved.
Most importantly, we want all of our members to be and feel like part of our family!