Douglas Anderson School of the Arts (DA) is a magnet high school near the San Marco neighborhood of Jacksonville, Florida. DA has established itself as one of the top high school music programs in the country. Our rigorous arts and academics curriculum has many successes including:
- Recognition as the #1 Nat
ional GRAMMY Signature School in 2010 and 2012 for having the best high school music program in the country; recognition multiple times (most recently in 2016) as a GRAMMY Signature Gold School.
- Instrumental ensembles from DA have performed by invitation at the Midwest International Band and Orchestra Clinic five times, most recently in 2016.
- Winner of the Jazz at Lincoln Center’s 2006 “Essentially Ellington” High School Jazz Band Competition, and winner of the 2017 Swing Central Jazz competition.
- Honored as one of the nation’s Best Academic High Schools and ranked in the top 1% nationally by Newsweek, US News & World Report, College Board, and the Washington Post for the last ten years.
- 2017-18 National Winners of the Programs of Excellence Blue Ribbon Award.
- DA graduates’ SAT and ACT scores are 50+ points above the national mean.
- In 2017, the graduating senior class in the band department alone were offered $4.3 Million in talent and merit-based scholarships at conservatories and universities across the country, averaging over $130,000 per senior.