Welcome to the site of the Douglas Anderson School of the Arts Band.
An official performing group of the 2016 and 2018 Midwest Clinic.
Winners of the 2017 National Band Association Programs of Excellence Blue Ribbon Award.
National Winner in the Mark of Excellence/National Wind Band Honors Project 2019
- This year our Douglas Anderson School of the Arts Percussion Department will be attending PASIC, the Percussive Arts Society International Convention, to be held in Indianapolis, Indiana, November 13-16, 2019.
- The Douglas Anderson School of the Arts Wind Symphony has been invited to perform as a “Featured Ensemble” at Music for All National Concert Band Festival in Indianapolis, IN in March of 2020! Read more HERE.
- Congratulations DA Wind Symphony on being named one of the National Winners in the Mark of Excellence/National Wind Band Honors Project 2019!
- Congratulations to DA Jazz Ensemble 1 for co-winning the performing arts high school division of the 2019 DownBeat Magazine Student Music Awards. http://downbeat.com/digitaledition/2019/DB1906_sma/_art/DB1906_sma.pdf
- Congratulations Mr. Shistle on being elected into the American Bandmasters Association! One of the greatest honors that can be awarded to members of the band conducting profession.
We are exceedingly grateful for the support we receive from the community, especially those businesses, community members and organizations who are sponsoring our 2019-2020 Season.