Grades 11 & 12 - The Victorian Certificate of Education
In 2012 DIS was accredited by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority in Australia to offer the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) in partnership with Haileybury College in Melbourne, Victoria. The VCE is an internationally recognised, secondary academic qualification sat by over 50,000 students annually in the state of Victoria, and an increasing number of centres around the world.
The VCE can be used to gain access to tertiary education in the state of Victoria, throughout Australia and is highly transferable in the wider world. For more information on the recognition of the VCE you can visit their website's recognition pages.
Haileybury College is one of Australia's largest and most prestigious schools. In 2018 it was named Australian School of the Year at the Australian Education Awards. Haileybury dedicates time release to a number of their teachers who partner our staff in the delivery of the courses at DIS. We deliver common assessment tasks, develop resources and standardise our marking with our partner to ensure that our students are receiving an experience comparable to their peers at Haileybury. Every two years Haileybury students fundraise to provide a two-year scholarship for a Timorese student to study at DIS.
Recently our students achieved an average ATAR of 71 meaning they scored better than 71% of students in Australia with three students ranking better than 80% of all students. In 2016 two of our Timorese students won highly competitive full international scholarships to study for four years in the United States and in New Zealand.
The VCE programme at DIS
We are currently running the following subjects across Grade 11 and 12. Click on the link for more details about each programme
- Accounting - VCE Study Design
- Bridging English- VCE Study Design
- Business Management- VCE Study Design
- Biology - VCE Study Design
- Chemistry - VCE Study Design
- English - VCE Study Design
- English as an additional language - VCE Study Design
- Environmental Science - VCE Study Design
- Health & Human Development- VCE Study Design
- Mathematics General and Further - VCE Study Design
- Mathematical Methods - VCE Study Design
- Media- VCE Study Design
- Indonesian Second Language - VCE Study Design
- Portuguese - VCE Study Design
- Studio Arts - VCE Study Design
For more information please contact our VCE Coordinator.