Grades 11 & 12 - The Victorian Certificate of Education
In 2012 DIS was accredited by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority to offer the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) in partnership with Haileybury in Melbourne, Victoria. The VCE is an internationally recognised academic qualification which can be used to gain access to tertiary education in Australia and beyond. For more information on the recognition of the VCE you can visit their website's recognition pages.
Haileybury is one of Australia's largest and most prestigious schools and our association with them is invaluable. Haileybury dedicates time release to a number of their teachers who act as mentors for the teachers delivering the courses at DIS. We deliver common assessment tasks and standardise our marking with our mentors from Haileybury. Mentors visit the school annually. Our association with Haileybury ensures that our students are receiving an experience comparable to their peers at Haileybury.
The Victorian Certificate of Education
Grade 11 and Grade 12 are accredited to undertake the VCE exam, which enables students to receive an ATAR score recognised by Australian universities. The course is implemented through a partnership Haileybury College in Victoria. The links listed provide detailed information of the content of each subject area offered.
- Accounting - VCE Study Design
- Bridging English- VCE Study Design
- Business Management- VCE Study Design
- Biology - VCE Study Design
- Chemistry - VCE Study Design
- English - VCE Study Design
- English as an additional language - VCE Study Design
- Environmental Science - VCE Study Design
- Mathematics General and Further - VCE Study Design
- Mathematical Methods - VCE Study Design
- Media- VCE Study Design
- Indonesian Second Language - VCE Study Design
- Portuguese - VCE Study Design
As our cohort grows we hope to expand the number of courses we can offer. For more information please contact our VCE Coordinator.