Welcome Panthers to our Library
The mission of the library is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and
CHECK out our new Online Catalog Powered by Follett
- Library Catalog
- Most titles include AR and Lexile reading levels
- Find fiction and nonfiction titles based on a favorite author, title, or description
- Browse hundreds of hand-crafted lists organized by genre or awards
- Read and use feature materials such as author read-alikes, feature articles, book discussion guides and booktalks
- Explore the Readers' Advisory section on the homepage for the latest trends and training materials in readers' advisor
*More resources to check out
- District 46 Online Bookshelf Here you will find a collection of some of the District's online resources. The purpose of this site is to improve parent - school communication through simplified access to online academic resources.
- Common Core - Confusion No More! This site provides our learning community with valuable resources and tools in order to deliver a common understanding of the Common Core Standards
- Mrs. O'Leary's Page This is where you can find information about literacy events, book awards, hot titles, web connections and much more...
- Prairie Ridge High School Library Media Center
- eRead Illinois There are so many amazing e-book resources available on the Internet for FREE. eRead compiled a few of their favorites for you.
Illinois Children's Book Awards K-12
- Monarch Award - Illinois' K-2 Readers' Choice Award.
- Bluestem Book Award - Illinois' 3-5 Grade Readers' Choice Award.
- Rebecca Caudill Young Readers' Book Award - Illinois' Readers' Choice Award for 6-8th grade.
- Abraham Lincoln Award - Illinois' High School Reader's Choice Award
Lost or Damaged Books
"Mistakes are lessons of wisdom"--Hugh White
Aaron Becker visited our K-3 Panthers on Oct 5th! Our students and staff enjoyed his presentation and his books are flying off the shelf! Thanks to Follett for this amazing opportunity!
Bill Bucsinsky visited our PG students on Oct 11th and 12th for our Panther Poetry Days. Panthers in grades 1-8 enjoyed his presentations in the multi-purpose room and grades 3-8 participated in his poetry workshops. Teachers and students loved his engaging style and many wonderful poems were created and shared. Thanks PTO and Admin for providing our students with an incredible learning experience!
Who will be our next author?
Family Reading Night Fun