International Conference on Advanced Visual Interfaces
Resort Riva del Sole, Castiglione della Pescaia, Grosseto (italy), 29 May - 1 June 2018
AVI 2018 will include workshops on emerging topics as well as established ones that are relevant to visual interface design research and practice.
Workshops provide an opportunity for small groups to meet, have in-depth discussions, develop new research directions, exchange ideas, and strengthen research communities. Workshops should favor discussions, demonstrations and exchange rather than being miniature conference sessions. A workshop may be half-day or full day in length, and should aim to attract 15 to 20 participants.
Workshop proposals (4 pages max) should include:
- Workshop title, names and contact information for organizers, and proposed workshop length;
- A 150 word abstract (to appear in the AVI website);
- A draft 300-word call for participation to be used to publicize the workshop;
- Additional information: previous related workshops (if any), timing of plans for attracting participants, proposed workshop activities, possible workshop outcomes;
- Short CV or bio for each of the organizers, mentioning previous event organizing experience.
Upon acceptance, workshop organizers will be asked to create a webpage for their workshop and start broadcasting their call for participation within 2 weeks. An extended abstract will appear in the conference proceedings.
Dedline for Workshop proposals:
- Proposal submission: January 15, 2018
- Notification: January 25, 2018
Workshop proposals should be sent by email to the workshop chairs:
AVI 2018 - International Conference on Advanced Visual Interfaces - firstname.lastname@example.org