This Environmental Assessment will also consider activities undertaken during construction.
As final design has yet to be completed the details of construction methods and stages have not been determined. As design proceeds and the construction methodology is developed, the information we have about the surrounding environment will be used to develop plans to either avoid impacts or mitigate the risk of impacts during construction.
We will be considering the details of both land and marine based activities, including:
- All temporary facilities including material laydown areas, site fencing, contractor trailers;
- Noise impacts to local residents during construction;
- Connecting the new facility to the mill;
- Implementation of mitigation and protective measures (e.g. timing windows, and silt fencing); and
- Decommissioning of old effluent line on the mill site.