Rules & Policies
- The library is open from 7:15 to 3:30, Monday through Friday.
- The library is open for any students and staff before school, at lunch, and after school.
- Students using the library at lunch must have their ID card.
- Individual students using the library during class time must have a signed pass with the date, student's name, and time.
In addition to all school rules and policies the following rules must be followed in the library.
- No food or open drink containers are allowed in the library (closed water bottles are acceptable).
- Students are encouraged to collaborate, but must use appropriate "library voices" in order to allow their classmates to be able to focus and work efficiently.
- Students are not permitted to "talk" on cell phones while in the library.
- RESPECT: While in the library, students are expected to show respect for their classmates, all teachers and staff, all books and print materials, library furniture, and technology equipment.
Library Check-Out Policies
- All library books check out for a two week period. Library books may be renewed twice but must be brought in to the library to be renewed.
- In order to provide a constant amount of titles to all students, you may not check out library books if you have outstanding items that are overdue.
- Students may not have more than three books checked out to them at any time.
All textbooks are the property of SHHS and the Desert Sands Unified School District. They are provided for student use free of charge. Students are responsible for payment in case of loss or damage of any textbooks that they have checked out in their name.
- All textbooks are to be returned to the library before the last day of school.
- Registration packets for the following year may be held until all materials are returned or paid for.