The CCGI (California College Guidance Initiative) partners with K-12 school districts to provide technological tools that support students and parents as they plan, prepare and figure out post secondary college and career opportunities.
This platform provides high school students the tools to match their interest and skills to postsecondary college and career opportunities. Students can take career assessments and use search tools to develop college, major, and career lists, write goals and journals, track activities, and read a variety of age-appropriate content to develop and expand their knowledge on all college, career, and financial aid planning topics.
Several Horizon students have already registered their accounts, if your account is not registered please refer to the steps below:
How to Register Student Accounts (CCGI)
- Go to www.californiacolleges.edu
- Click on the Lock Icon in the top right hand corner of the page
- In the STUDENTS box, click REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT
- Enter the required information:
- School District: Desert Sands Unified
- School: Horizon
- ID Number: Horizon Student ID #
- Select SIGN UP WITH GOOGLE
- A note for future sign in: Now that your account is registered, you can click Sign In With Google
- Cal Colleges is a guide to college, career and financial aid planning. Start by DISCOVERING your interests, PLAN how to achieve your goals, and in 12th grade you can LAUNCH college and financial aid applications from your account
If you encounter any problems registering or have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Mrs. Guarino