How to Enroll
Note: There are no openings for the current school year. However, if unexpected openings were to arise, we would fill them with new applicants for the upcoming school year.
After reviewing the various links on our website, you may be excited to take a live tour of our campus and see our students, teachers, and program in action. We invite you to come feel the difference -- it's palpable!
1. Schedule a tour
- We give individual 30 minute tours by appointment. (Tour button is at the bottom of this page.)
2. Submit an application to our enrollment pool for the upcoming school year
- After touring and getting your questions answered, ask for an application; submit it along with the $100 application fee and family photo. The most advantageous timing for applying for the upcoming school year starting in September is January 15 - March 30.
If you wish to apply after these peak months we are happy to accept your application in the event that we haven't filled all our openings or an unexpected spot becomes available in the subsequent months.
- The application fee is refundable in cases where no opening arises in your child’s age and gender after two years in the waiting pool. However, when an opening arises and the application processing begins, the fee is non-refundable.)
- 3. Receive notification that we are beginning the application process:
- We will read your application carefully, appreciating the personal info, depth, and details you share with us.
- We will converse with any previous/current teachers to deepen our knowledge of your child's development and needs.
- We will schedule an observation of your child at one or both of the following:
a) at a current, familiar group setting where your child is comfortable, e.g., his/her current preschool, Mommy & Me class, enrichment class, playgroup, etc.
b) at del Sol (for children already age 3 and 4 at the time of applying).
- We will then determine if any additional info may be needed, and if not, whether our program and your child appear to be a good match.
4. Receive notification of your enrollment/waiting pool status in late March-May.
5. Receive our enrollment contract and return it to us with fees due and last month's tuition (see Tuition & Fees section below)
Monthly Tuition & Fees
Mornings: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm for 2.5s and 3s
- 2 ams, TTh ........................... $ 580 (2.5 yr olds 1:6 ratio)
- 3 ams, MWF ......................... $ 820 (2.5-3 yr olds; 1:6-8 ratio)
- 5 ams .................................... $1200 (3-4 yr olds; 1:8-12 ratio)
5 Full Days: 9:00 am - 2:30 pm for 3s, 4s, and 5s
- 5 full days ............................ $1440 (3-4 yr olds; 1:8-12 ratio)
- 5 full days............................. $1560 (5 yr olds; 1:12 ratio)
Extended Hours offered to 5 full day students:
- 8:00 am - 4:00 pm ............... $125 (3-5 yr olds)
- 8:00 am - 4:30 pm ............... $175 (3-5 yr olds)
- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm ............... $225 (3-5 yr olds)
- 8:00 am - 5:30 pm ............... $275 (4-5 yr olds)
NEW STUDENT FEE (first year of enrollment):
ALL STUDENTS ANNUALLY:
- $750 for Insurance, Materials, and Use Fees, due Feb. 1, serves to secure priority re-enrollment for the next school year)
*Tuition & Fees subject to change
CLASSROOM POPULATIONS WILL BE FORMED INTO DEVELOPMENTAL GROUPINGS WITH REGARD TO GENDER BALANCE AND ATTENDANCE SCHEDULES:
- 2.5s and 3s attending 2 and 3 ams, 5ams, and 5 full days
- 4s and 5s attending 5ams and 5 full days
Dates for the following TBD in conjunction with MBUSD's calendar:
del Sol runs a school year calendar from September (sometime after Labor Day) through mid June. Depending on parent interest we may offer a 4-6 week summer program. We close the month of August for annual site maintenance, repairs, and staff inservice training.
del Sol is closed for the following:
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Week
- Winter Holiday Weeks (approx. 2 weeks Christmas through New Years)
- MLK Jr. Day
- Presidents' Day
- Spring Break
- Memorial Day
Staff Development Days
- Two days to attend professional development trainings -- TBD
Parent Teacher Conferences
- 2 days in fall and 2 days in spring -- TBD