De La Salle Collegiate High School is an educational ministry within the Archdiocese of Detroit founded upon the tradition of Saint John Baptist de La Salle (1651-1719), and rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, sharing in the teaching mission of the Catholic Church. As such, our school strives for excellence in the spiritual, academic, physical and cultural development of our students.
De La Salle Collegiate invites and challenges every student to make his faith a living reality, while at the same time, preparing them for leadership and service in the Church and the world.
We are a community of faith and zeal:
- Guided by the life and Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Emphasizing the inalienable dignity of each person
- Fostering a love for wisdom and truth through the tradition and teaching of the Catholic Church
- Striving to develop authentic personal relationships through trust and mutual respect
We are a community of prayer and worship:
- Gathering regularly for the celebration of the sacraments of Eucharist and Reconciliation
- Praying together each day as a school community
We are a community of service:
- Living our commitment to service and the common good
- Providing opportunities for students to assume leadership for strengthening and nurturing their faith
- Exercising a preferential option for the poor