About the Music Boosters
For many years the DAMBA (DeForest Area Music Boosters Association) has existed to answer the staffing and funding needs of the DeForest music programs. Formally known as the DeForest Area Music Parents Association, the boosters are a collection of both parents and other members of the community that support the work of the district's music teachers.
The DeForest Area Music Boosters are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
The music boosters have helped support the following activities with volunteers or financial support for musicians:
- DeForest hosting of conference music festivals
- The set up and administration of the DAMS Jazz Festivals
- Chaperoning field trips
- Ushering for concerts and musicals
- Accompanying DeForest students at Solo & Ensemble Festival
- Please let Mr. Skaleski know if you can and would play piano for some student musicians
- Accompanists are always needed and definitely appreciated!
DAMBA has helped fund many worthwhile music projects; projects whose funding could not be met by the allotted yearly music department budgets.
Some of these include:
- Purchase of middle school band room enhancements in 2013, including acoustical treatments and additional instrument shelving.
- Purchase of middle school choral risers in 2011-2012.
- Purchase of high school band uniforms & choral robes.
- Purchase of middle school band uniforms (sweaters, polo shirts and T-shirts)
- Commission of music written for the middle school seventh and eighth grade bands (1988, 1996 & 2010).
- Scholarships for music students to attend summer music clinics.
- Solo & Ensemble awards for middle and high school music students.
- Funding for guest clinicians and ensembles at the middle and high schools.
- Funding for field trip transportation (purchasing a 2nd bus to lower costs, etc.).
- Funding for transportation and entry fees at music festivals.
- Tuition and related costs for individuals selected to state honors groups.
Interested DAMBA members will meet the third Thursday of each month at the DAHS choir room at 6 PM unless otherwise noted.
Please consider helping further your child's musical education by contributing some of your time to this worthwhile organization!