Summer Bands at DAMS
Registering for Beginner Summer Band will be completed in person at your child's instrument selection and commitment appointment.
All other summer bands will have registration completed separately.
Beginner Summer Band - 2019
Summer instruction is required for students new on an instrument, regardless of grade. This class is primarily for incoming 6th grade band students.
Schedule - Monday through Friday for 2 Weeks (Aug. 5-9 & Aug. 12-16)
- All students will meet from 8-11 AM.
- Check back in May/June for a more structured schedule.
Concert for All Beginners: Friday August 16, 11 AM, 5/6 Gym
7th and 8th Grade Summer Band - 2019
Summer 7th and 8th Grade Band is an opportunity for incoming 7th and 8th grade students to get back into the swing of playing. We will review concepts learned the previous year, put on a short concert with some new songs for your family, and then have a pizza party!
Schedule - Monday and Wednesday for 2 Weeks (Aug. 5, 7, 12, & 14)
- 1:00-2:00 PM
- Set-up will begin at 12:45. Please be set up and ready to play BY 1:00.
- Rehearsals will be held in the DAMS 5/6 Gym.
Concert for 7th and 8th Grade Band (with Jazz Band): Friday August 16, 12 PM, 5/6 Gym (call time 11:40)
Summer Jazz Band - 2019
Summer Jazz Band is an opportunity for incoming 7th graders interested in joining jazz band, 8th graders new to jazz band, or any jazz student from the previous year looking to brush up on their jazz skills. We will put on a short concert with some new songs for your family, and then have a pizza party!
There will be additional time set aside for rhythm section musicians (drum set, bass, piano, guitar) to practice.
Schedule - Monday through Thursday for 2 Weeks (Aug. 5-8 & Aug. 12-15)
- 2:30-3:30 PM
- ONLY Piano, Drum, Guitar, and Bass Students: Monday, August 5
- ALL students begin Tuesday, August 6
- Rehearsals will be held in the DAMS Band Room.
Concert for Jazz Band (with 7th and 8th Grade Summer Band): Friday August 16, 12 PM, 5/6 Gym (call time 11:40)
Fourth of July Marching Band - 2019
Schedule - Jun. 28; Jul. 1, 2, & 3
- 5-5:30 PM - Percussion Rehearsal
- 5:30-6 PM - Potluck Dinner
- 6-8 PM - Full Band Rehearsal
- Click here for more information on the Fourth of July Parade Band
DeForest High School Band Camp - 2019
For incoming 9th, 10th, 11th, & 12th grade students
The purpose of this camp is primarily to prepare for the band's first Varsity football game pep band performance, as well as the halftime show.
Schedule - Aug. 19-23
- 10 AM-1 PM
- Rehearsals will be held in the DAHS Band Room and Practice Field.