High School Band
Participation in music ensembles in high school is a strong asset for college and scholarship applications. While middle school band establishes the fundamentals, high school builds upon that foundation through the performance of appropriate literature in concert band, marching band, jazz band, and small ensembles.
Director - Mr. Brandon Bautz
Concert, Symphonic, and Jazz Bands
- Concert Band - Primarily for freshmen and sophomore band students. No audition is required to participate!
- Symphonic Band - Primarily for juniors and seniors, as well as advanced freshmen and sophomores. An audition is required. Marching is required.
- Jazz Band - Open to all students interested in playing jazz, funk, rock, etc. It is a class at the high school. Wind players should also be enrolled in concert or symphonic band.
Symphonic Band Auditions
Prior to the Audition
- Review this list of pre-performance tips
- Evaluate what scales and other resources you should use to prepare
- Ask if you have questions! Don't assume anything!
Audition Materials and Sign-Up
- Held at the middle school in late January/early February. Exact dates TBA.
- January 2017 Audition Sign-Up List - Contact Mr. Skaleski to sign up!
- January 2017 Audition Material - Scroll down to find your instrument and print only that page(s).
After the Audition
- If you are accepted, Mr. Bautz will request to have your schedule adjusted to include Symphonic Band (if it fits in your schedule).
- If you still have areas to work on, you may be recommended for Concert Band, or Mr. Bautz may request to hear you again at a later date.
- Seating auditions for both bands are required once a semester. This audition is separate from the class audition described above.
- Challenges are allowed. See Mr. Bautz for details.
Get to Know the Band!
We provide opportunities for students at the middle school to get familiar with the high school program, but we encourage students to take opportunities to see a performance or other high school band event! This could include attending a football game to watch the marching band, see their concerts at the PAC, watch high school students perform at Solo and Ensemble, and introduce themselves to the high school director - Mr. Bautz!