- ARTICLE: 7 Motivations for Discipling Others (Church Leaders)
- PDF: Various Discipleship Units for Different Purposes - This resource compares different groupings and their unique purposes for discipleship, including their strengths and weaknesses.
- ARTICLE: 9 Factors to Consider When Choosing Someone to Disciple (9 Marks)
- ARTICLE: The Right Reasons for Discipleship (CRU)
- ARTICLE: 4 Ways to Make Disciples (The Gospel Coalition)
- ARTICLE: 10 Ways to Disciple Brand-New Christians (InterVarsity)
What is Discipleship?
by Greg Ogden
Discipleship is an intentional relationship in which we walk along other disciples in order to encourage, equip, and challenge one another in love, to grow toward maturity in Christ. This includes equipping the disciple to teach others as well.
The three key ingredients of discipleship, which allow the Holy Spirit to bring accelerated growth in a believer, entail:
- The truth of God’s Word
- Pursued in the context of trusting, intimate, and lasting relationships
- Rooted in mutual accountability