Physics is the study of forces, motion, and energy. An understanding of basic algebra and trigonometry will be necessary to be successful in this course. Lab activities and complex problem solving will be an important part of the learning process in this course.
1. Textbook: Physics: Principles & Problems: Merrill
2. Scientific calculator – this is an absolute necessity for problem solving with numbers in scientific notation and for trigonometry.
Homework, quizzes, & labs 50%
Semester grades will weight each quarter 45% and the semester test 10%.
Science Class Rules and Expectations
1. Be on time or have a pass with you.
2. Bring everything you need for class with you. Locker trips will be limited.
3. Hand in assignments on time. Late papers will only receive partial credit.
4. Be respectful of other people and their property.
5. No candy, pop, or colored drinks for students. Water is OK but not in the lab area. Gum is OK as long as I don’t see it or hear it but it is also prohibited in the lab.
6. Absolutely no cell phone use during science class. Cell phones will be left with the teacher if leaving the room.
7. Absolutely no horseplay in the lab.