Physical Science Syllabus
Physical science is the study of matter and energy. Students can expect to spend about a semester studying basic principles of chemistry and a semester studying basic principles of physics. Lab activities and problem solving will be an important part of the learning process in this course.
1. Textbook: Holt Science Spectrum: Physical Science
Homework, quizzes, & labs 50%
All students will be required to pass a lab safety and procedures test. A score of 100% is the only acceptable passing grade. Students will also be required to sign a lab safety and rules contract. Participation in the lab will not be allowed until these requirements have been met.
Science Class Rules and Expectations
1. Be on time or have a pass with you.
2. Bring everything you need for class with you. Locker trips will be limited.
3. Hand in assignments on time. Late papers will only receive partial credit.
4. Be respectful of other people and their property.
5. No candy, pop, or colored drinks for students. Water is OK but not in the lab area. Gum is OK as long as I don’t see it or hear it but it is also prohibited in the lab.
6. Absolutely no cell phone use during science class. Cell phones will be left with the teacher if leaving the room.
7. Absolutely no horseplay in the lab.