We would like to invite every student at Sagewood to take part in the variety of great programs offered to all students throughout the school year.
At SGMS, we support the middle school philosophy, allowing and encouraging all students to participate, develop skills and feel a sense of equity. The athletic program operates under a NO CUT policy. A student will be able to play at his/her own skill level.
If you have any questions about athletics, clubs or activities being offered at Sagewood, please contact the athletic office at 303-387-4313.
Payment / Registration
Athletics registrations will only be accepted through on-line registration. The only paper form that needs to be turned in is the Athletics Physical form. The athletic fee for sports is $85, with the exception of 8th grade football which is $115. If a student decides not to play a particular sport after he/she has signed up, the Athletic Secretary or Bookkeeper must be notified prior to the first competition in order for a refund to be issued.
Registration and payment occurs in My School Bucks. Follow the link below for all sports registrations. Once signed in to My School Bucks, go to the School Store. Browse all items and select the box to Filter by Category "Athletics." Select the sport your student is interested in and complete the registration and payment.
It is imperative that we have a current physical on file in order for the student to participate. If his/her current physical will expire before his/her preferred sport, please remember to schedule the physical before the sport starts or complete the physical form and turn it in to the athletic office as soon as the new physical is completed. The physical is valid for 365 days from the date of the physical appointment.
Please print off the Athletic Physical form, complete the top portion and have the doctor performing the physical complete the middle portion. Please see the clinic list for physicals for a few suggestions of clinics that provide sports physicals, if needed.
Athletic Department FAQs
Practice and Games
- Practices are held Monday – Friday from 3:00 – 5:00, with Friday practice times changing at the discretion of the coach.
- In order to participate in practice or a game, a student must be at school at least one half day (minimum 3.5 hours).
- Parents are responsible for picking up their student within 15 minutes after the conclusion of his/her game, practice or any other activity for which the student stays after school, whether voluntary or assigned. There will be no supervision of students not picked up in compliance with this rule and parents assume all responsibility for their student.
- Uniforms will be distributed for each sport, and are the responsibility of the student athlete. At the end of the season, the uniform is to be washed and returned promptly to the coach. Loss or failure to return the uniform within a week of the season end could result in being billed for the replacement cost of a uniform and inability to register for another sport.
- For safety reasons, all jewelry must be removed before practices and games. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Eligibility is checked on a weekly basis. Two or more D’s will prohibit the student from practice and games for the week.
- Each athlete is expected to conduct himself/herself according to all rules and regulations of the school.
- No student will be allowed to compete on a day of a truancy or while suspended from school.
- If an event is scheduled for a non-school day, the athlete must be in accordance with these rules on the preceding day.
- The principal or assistant principal shall have the authority to declare a student ineligible for participating in athletic activities based on inappropriate behavior. A student can be dropped for irregular attendance, discipline or academic reasons.
- All athletes must abide by the Athletic Code of Conduct and the District Code of Conduct.
Sixth Grade Athletics
- Sixth graders are allowed to participate in all 7th grade sports to include: Cross Country, Flag Football, Girls Volleyball, Boys and Girls Basketball, Wrestling and Track
If you have any questions, please contact the Athletic office at 303-387-4313