SGMS PTO... it takes a village!
What Does The Sagewood PTO Do?
The PTO is responsible for a variety of events and goings on around SGMS. The Back to School Carnival, Silent Auction, Parent/Teacher conference dinners, Staff Appreciation Week, Staff Grants, and much more! Our PTO is made up of SGMS parents and community members, and we’re ALWAYS looking for more hands to help! Being a part of PTO can be as big or as little a commitment as you’re able to make… EVERY LITTLE BIT is appreciated and welcomed!
How Can I Help?
There are lots of different ways to get involved! Here are a few upcoming opportunities…
- Back to School Carnival – A wonderful SGMS Community event! Please email Krista Hopkins – email@example.com if you’re interested in volunteering.
- Parent/Teacher Conference Dinners – PTO provides meals for staff during conference nights in the Fall & Spring. If you love to cook (or are great at buying premade meals)… this is your thing! Look for a Sign Up Genius in early September.
- SGMS Auction – Our annual silent/live auction is our largest fundraiser! We’re always looking for help with fundraising donations, decorations, volunteers, etc… Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- PTO meetings – PTO meetings are held the first Tuesday of the month at 9:15 in the Professional Development room. This is a great way to share your voice and meet some other SGMS parents!
- Commemorative Bricks – PTO sponsors a Commemorative Brick program. Personalized bricks are available for $50 for your SGMS student. They will be laid along a pathway near the school’s bus entrance. Leave a legacy for your SGMS student!
- Direct Donation – The PTO always welcomed direct donations. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Save The Date!
- Back to School Carnival – 8/31 – 5-7
- Parent/Teacher Conference Dinners – 9/21 & 9/27
- SGMS Auction – 3/10/18 - This year… 80’s theme!!
- Parent Teacher Spring Conference Dinners – 2/15
- Staff Appreciation Week – 5/7/18-5/11/18
Be sure to follow the Sagewood Middle School Facebook Page for PTO updates!
2017-2018 SGMS PTO Officers and Board
- President – Heidi Bernier
- Treasurer – Tricia LeCureux
- Secretary – Laura Rojas
- Historian – Kristy Dalyrmple
- Hospitality – Colleen Boetel & Amy Pfister
- Communications Chair – Amy Pfister
- SAC liaison – Cara Christensen
- Principal – Danny Winsor
- Staff Liaison – Janell Ames
- Chairperson and POD Parent positions still open. Please contact PTO if interested in learning more about these positions.
- To be added to the volunteer list or the Evite reminders, please email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org