- CLARIFICATION (1/14/19):
- Catapult: In the summaries of events in the call to conference, it incorrectly states that chapters can bring 3 teams. However, the actual rules, on page 80, state that “Participants are limited to two (2) teams of two-to-four (2-4) individuals per chapter” and this is repeated in the charts of eligibility on pages 269 for middle school and on page 271 for high school. The number of entries is also correct on the registration. Chapters may only bring TWO (2) teams of two-four (2-4) to the state conference.2. Coding – High School: In the Call to Conference, the number of individuals on a team is incorrectly stated as “2 individuals or 2 team of 2-3 students per chapter”. However, in cross checking the National Competitive Event Guide Rules, it states that a team is only TWO members per chapter. At the State Conference, we are allowing chapters to bring up to TWO teams of either one (1) individual, or two (2) members per team”.
- Website Design - MS / Webmaster - HS: If you are participating in the Website Design or Webmaster projects and need a place to host your website, then I have good news for you! Our very good friend, Nick Armstrong from Pixelated on Purpose has graciously volunteered to help set up any school who needs it with web space. All you need to do is contact him and he’ll help you get everything all set up! Nick’s contact information is: firstname.lastname@example.org, (970) 236-6425.
- Museum Display – MS/HS: Wings Over the Rockies Museum has graciously offered to host a workshop for those students working on the Museum Display event for this year’s state conference on SATURDAY, DECEMBER 15 at 10:00 AM at the Wings Museum in Denver. The workshop itself is free, but if you wanted to stay at the museum afterward, you’d need to pay the admission fee. This workshop would provide you great insight into the event and what you could potentially include in your mockup. Check out the flyer and please mark your calendar now to attend.
- Architectural Model – HS – The national competitive event guide says to submit the documentation early. For the state conference, contestants will need to turn in their documentation at the time they turn in the model at the state conference. This is NOT an early submission event
- State Officer Application: The deadline for the state officer application is February 1. But don’t let your students procrastinate – they need to have several pieces of documentation that cannot be obtained quickly (including letters of reference). You can download the state officer application here: http://cotsa.cccs.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/2019-State-Officer-Application.pdf