Intro to Engineering
Turn in 4 of the 8 - 3D files above - 25 pts/each
- Extra Credit - Geisecke's Door Bearing
Strength and Structures Project - Box Challenge
- Box Template
- 5 Evaluation Questions
- Follow up Evaluation #1 - save as google doc and send published link to MR. A via the link below
- EVALUATION TURN IN LINK - Box #1
- Final Evaluation
- Results All Periods
- Bridge Presentation
- Truss Bridge Directions
- Project Overview - Truss Design/Bridge Exploration (OLD)
- 10 Questions - Bridge Exploration
- Truss Types
- Structural Stability - Bridges
- Bridge Playlist
- History of Truss Bridges - use this link to research truss design and how they work. Apply this thinking to your bridge design and create a drawing showing how the forces are distributed as well as showing the tension and compression of each member and your prediction for how it will work. If there are changes to make to your bridge you may do that at the end of this exercise.
- Bridge Building Tips
- Bridge Building Techniques
- Structural Wonders of the World Project
- Final Prototype
Bridge Photo Turn-in - take a photo of your bridge and upload
Buoyancy - Exploration
- Create a 30 - 90 second video that answers the following question:
- “How can we use an understanding of buoyancy and Archimedes Principle to benefit our lives?”
- You may work in groups of 2 - 3. This project should be completed by the end of the period on block day.
- Investigate - Research some practical applications of the topics we investigated in class. Come up with a scenario!
- Plan - Write an answer to the question that demonstrates your learning on the concepts of buoyancy and Archimedes Principle. Consider what images/videos that you might use to illustrate your point.
- Create - Assemble your video using iMovie/Windows Movie Maker/Flip and clips and videos. Refer to the rubric for guidance.
- Evaluate - Present your video for the class and provide constructive feedback for other groups.
- Storyboard Template
- VIDEO TURN IN - upload your video to your Google Drive and get a shared link and pasted in this form
- Video Assessment Rubric
- Nautical Engineering Follow up with pictures - Answer the following questions: From your testing what were positive aspects of your design? Were there any negatives to your design? What changes would you do to make your design more functional? What feedback would you have for this project? Timing, rigor, relevance? Be as constructive as possible to help future classes
- Nikola Tesla: Master of Lightning Questions
- (50pts) What would our society look like if Tesla had not been born? - Fully answer the question, show that you have an understanding of Tesla and his accomplishments to our world.
- Turn in link (click share your link to your google doc)
- Socrative Exit Quiz - Room Number 898576