Mammoth Heights Preschool B
9500 Stonegate Parkway, Parker, CO 80134
Morning Session: 8:30 - 11:15
Afternoon Session: 12:40 - 3:25
Shared Activities for Parents & Children
This month, your child will make new words by changing the beginning sound, retell a story by stating events in their proper order, and identifying living and non-living objects in nature.
Here are some suggested activities to practice these skills with your child:
- Say a word and ask your child to make a new word by changing the beginning sound. For example, say "Let's change the 'c' sound in cat to an 'h' sound. What word do we make?
- Read a favorite story to your child. Afterwards, ask her retell the story back to you. Listen for major events in their proper order.
- Take a walk with your child. Ask them to identify objects in nature and describe each as living or non-living.
SCHOLASTIC BOOK ORDERS
LAST BOOK ORDER OF THE SCHOOL YEAR
Please place your online order for me by 4/27/2018.
Go online to: scholastic.com/newparent
Look up my name: Jordana Moreno
Or enter our Class Code: RDWPP
Follow the instructions to place your order online by 4/27/2018.
Winter is finally here...please remember to send your child to school with a jacket or sweater as the weather is getting cooler and can change very quickly in Colorado. PLEASE LABEL YOUR CHILD'S JACKET
DELAY & CLOSURES
On a delayed schedule, Douglas County schools start 90 minutes later than the normal school start time. AM Class will be cancelled. PM class will not be affected by the delayed schedule.
The District will use the following methods to notify parents about weather-related school schedule changes:
- Local television and radio broadcasts starting at 5:00 a.m.
- District website: www.dcsdk12.org for the most current and accurate schedule. Information will be updated by 5:00 a.m.
- Weather hotline: 303-387-SNOW (7669). Closure and delay information will be updated by 5 a.m.