The Turkey Drive’s Purpose
The turkey drive is very important in our Eldorado community. For years, we have worked hard to make a difference, and we want to do the same this year by bringing food to people in need. Can you imagine not having any food for Thanksgiving? It would be hard right? We want to make others feel special by giving them a real Thanksgiving meal, and we hope that every person in the school can bring in at least one item of food. If you think about it that would be about 500 items of food! In addition if you bring in a turkey that would be awesome too. Please help, if you can, bring in food items for our Annual Turkey Drive!
Dates: November 1, 2017 through November 16, 2017
Collection Boxes and Signs distributed to classrooms Friday, November 3.
Grade Levels Turkey Drive Items:
Preschool - canned vegetables
Kindergarten - canned pumpkin
1st Grade -canned vegetables (corn, peas, green beans etc.)
2nd Grade - boxed potatoes
3rd Grade - boxed stuffing
4th Grade - boxed desserts
5th Grade - cranberry sauce
6th Grade - turkeys
Additionally, all grade level students and families are encouraged to bring turkeys.
- Student Government will collect turkeys from Kiss ‘n Go in the mornings from November 14th - November 16th and in the afternoons on Monday November 13th - November 15th
- Stickers given to students who donate a turkey
- Raffle Tickets given to donors
- 1 Raffle ticket given to 1 student for each turkey donated.
- Winner of raffle chosen on Thursday, November 16.
- Winner announced and presented with a $25 gift card.
Thank you so much!