Welcome to Cougar Run Elementary
Serving grades K through 6th
School Hours: Grades K-6 8:40-3:30 M-F
Office Hours: Monday 8am - 4pm or by appointment
Phone: 303.387.6682 or fax: 303.387.6676
Open Enrollment is only for families who do NOT reside in the defined attendance area of Cougar Run, but wish to enroll their children to attend Cougar Run. The Open Enrollment application is online only. The DCSD link for Open Enrollment is HERE.
OFFICE SUMMER HOURS
June 7,14,21 and July 12,19,26 (9am - 1pm) - or by appointment
Closed June 24th - July 5th
Regular office hours start on August 1st - (8am - 4pm)
Student Data Information Services - Available all summer - Phone: 720-433-0095, option 7, Fax: 720-433-0131, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2019/2020 Kindergarten Enrollment
Kindergarten Enrollment is ongoing at the school office
Douglas County School District requires that your student's birth date be on or before October 1, 2014 in order to attend kindergarten for the 19-20 school year. We accept only original birth certificates and will make copies here in the office. Only completed packets will be accepted.
The 19-20 Kindergarten Enrollment Forms are available at this link.
In addition to the completed registration forms, the following documentation must also be provided at the time of registration:
- ORIGINAL Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residency - We accept Warranty Deed, Deed of Trust, County Assessor, Tax Notice or Lease Agreement in its entirety. If living with friend or relative you will need to fill out a Notarized POR as well. We do not accept any kind of bill such as utility or doctor bill as a proof of residency.
- Immunization Record
- Legal Documents (if applicable - e.g. court orders for guardianship, any custody issues)
Kindergarten Programs Offered:
- 3 sections of tuition-free, full-day kindergarten with the option to come in on a half-day schedule for those families who prefer the half-day kindy option only. Please reach out to us so we may assist you with your questions or concerns.
- Full-day Kindergarten is from 8:40 - 3:30 Monday - Friday
If you have any questions regarding Kindergarten Registration, please contact our Registrar, Charlene Lube at email@example.com or 303-387-6682
2019/20 Grades 1-6 Enrollment
For new families: Welcome to our Cougar Run community!
If you live in our attendance area please print and complete a Grade 1-6 enrollment packet HERE or pick one up at the office. Please return completed packet and documents to the Cougar Run Registrar. Only completed packets will be accepted.
If you have recently moved to Douglas County from out of state and want your students to attend Cougar Run, but have found a home in a different neighborhood, please contact the Principal to discuss School of Choice option.
Once your enrollment is completed we will provide you with a parent portal link. You will use parent portal to check grades, pay school fees and view messages from the school. All families are also required to complete Express Check In. This will enable you to update any contact information, apply for a bus pass, update medical conditions, choose volunteer opportunities and provide media consent.
For Current Students: EXPRESS CHECK WILL OPEN JULY 25TH - CLICK HERE TO START THE CHECK IN PROCESS
- All parents must complete Express Check In at this link between 7/25/19 - 8/07/19. Express Check-In MUST be completed prior to the start of the school year.
- Please log on to your parent portal account before the school year ends to ensure your account is active.
- If you forgot your password,
- Contact Cougar Run registrar - Charlene Lube (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you are new to Douglas County School District and do not have a parent portal account, email the portal manager at CRUNPortal@dcsdk12.org
If your plans have changed and your student will not be attending Cougar Run next year, contact our Registrar, Charlene Lube at email@example.com with your student’s name and location of the new school.