Announcements Week of 4/15/19
- Would you like to nominate the War Eagle Speaker? The War Eagle Speaker is one of the two speakers at the Davie County High School Graduation. The War Eagle Speaker is nominated by the school and community based on characteristics beyond academics. Community members, parents, teachers, and students can nominate.
The NOMINATION CATEGORIES are:
- exemplary character – acceptable disciplinary record, academic integrity, concern for others
- leadership through example – reaction to obstacles, attitude, and spirit
- service to community – volunteerism, participation in extracurricular activities
If you know someone who excels in one of these areas and would like to be our War Eagle Speaker, please nominate that student by using the link located on the QR code on the digital signs around campus.
- Davidson County Community College will have an open house for their “Career in a Year” program on tomorrow, April 16. This will showcase many Career and Technical Education programs that can train you in one year or less to be ready to enter the workforce immediately, attain additional certifications, or even pursue an Associates Degree. This will take place at the Rittling Conference Center on the Davidson Campus from 5-7pm. Contact Mrs. Settlemyer or Mrs. Barnes in Student Services with any questions.
Today in Clubs and Academic News:
- All FCCLA members need to come to Mrs. Sell's room today, April 15th, during A or B lunch to fill Easter Eggs. Please don't forget your candy, bubbles, stickers, etc.
- Future NHS Students, please listen. If you have recently received a letter of acceptance to NHS, you must attend one of the meetings to prepare for induction and pay dues. We will meet in the auditorium during Smart Lunch A tomorrow, April 16th, and Wednesday, April 17th. Please be sure to attend one of these meetings.
- The Adventure Club meets every Thursday during B tutorial in 5341.
- The Davie Interact Club is collecting used shoes for their "Friendly Feet Shoe Drive." Bring gently used shoes to room 5507. All proceeds go to help Davie community families in need. Fundraiser will last until the end of May.
News from Student Services:
Today in Sports News
MORE FROM SPORTS