Daily Announcements Week of 2/18/19
News Across Campus:
- STEM will be hosting a Lunch and Learn with Davie County Family Promise tomorrow, February 21st during SMART Lunch A and B in room 5527.
- Guest Prom approval forms are available in the front office.
- If any student needs help with his or her DCCC online application, Mrs. Barnes and Mrs. Settlemyer will be in Media Center lab on Monday, February 25th during both SMART lunches.
- Hey, do you want to win a $1,000 scholarship? Do you want a free debit card? Do you have a check you need to deposit, but no bank to deposit it in? Come by the War Eagle Credit Union open on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday during Smart Lunch. The War Eagle Credit Union gives you easy access to your checking and savings accounts, and it’s right here on campus. No minimum balance is required, and an ATM is located in the school, free to use for all members. (Announce Friday)
- Patricia Bath is an African-American ophthalmologist. In 1974, she became the first African American woman surgeon at the UCLA Medical Center. In 1977, she and three colleagues founded the American Institute for the Prevention of Blindness. On May 17, 1988, Bath received a patent for her invention, a laser instrument that tested the removal of cataracts called the Laserphaco Probe, and the new technique used for cataract surgery. The device restored the sight of thousands of patients worldwide. Bath’s contributions changed the field of ophthalmology.
Today in Clubs and Academic News:
- All National Honor Society applications must be turned in to either Mrs. Kenney or Mrs. Fender by the end of the day tomorrow, February 22. Please do not interrupt their classes. Remember to give the application directly to one of them. Do not give your application to another teacher or leave them on their desks.
- FCCLA will meet during A lunch tomorrow, February 22 in Mrs. Sells' room, 5346.
- The STAND Club will have their next meeting Tuesday, February 26 during B lunch in 5506! This is the LAST day we will be accepting tee shirt money.
- Hey it is National FFA week! The National FFA Organization is the largest youth-led organization in the nation. Years ago, “FFA” stood for Future Farmers of America. In 1988, the name changed to the National FFA Organization to represent the vast changes in the organization. The FFA has been around for over 90 years!
News from Student Services:
Looking for an awesome volunteer opportunity this summer? Want to spend a week exploring the non-profit and medical field? Become a Teen with Heart volunteer with the Ronald McDonald House in Winston-Salem. Pick up an application in Student Services or go online at www.rmhws.org.
MORE FROM SPORTS
Our Women's Soccer Teams are selling apparel for a fundraiser. Please see digital signage for more info on the online store. Players will also have catalogs with the items that are being sold. All orders will be shipped to DHS. Any support will be greatly appreciated. Please direct questions to Andrew Davis.