Dallas Chinese Bible Church
To inspire, build up and equip believers at DCBC by serving as a resource center for Christian books and media materials.
Sundays, 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM
The library is located at F-110 nears the Fellowship Hall.
Space & Bookstacks
- English: Bookcases D3-D4
- Chinese: Bookcases D5-D6
- Children's: D1-D2
- Family: D7
- Bookcases E1-E7
- Bookcases C1-C6
- Bookcases K1-K4
By Our Pastors
- Bookcases D0, D8-D9
References and Others
- References: Bookcases R1-R2
- Videos: Bookcase R3
Usage & Borrowing
The library is open to all DCBC attendees to browse and read books during the library's opening hours. However, if you would like to take library materials outside of the library room, you need to first checkout the materials using your own DCBC library card.
A library card is required to checkout materials in the DCBC library. Active attendees of DCBC can apply for library cards by filling this application form, or apply in person at the DCBC Library. If children are under 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian must apply on their behave, and agree to take responsibility for all materials borrowed on the card. Due date for all borrowed materials is 21 days after checkout.
Checkout Library Materials
- Apply for a library card, if haven't already done so, at the library.
- Take the selected materials to the checkout table, which is between the librarian's desk and the Kiosk.
- Use the tablet computer on the checkout table to self-checkout the materials by:
- Tapping the camera icon on the Android app to start scanning the QR code on each of the items. (The QR code is usually at the back of the book.)
- Repeat the above until all items to borrow are scanned, then tap the Checkout button (in cyan color at the lower right of the screen).
- At the next window, please tap the camera icon on the android app and scan the QR code on your library card, OR enter your 13-digit library code, which is
<Your 10-digits phone number>+
<Your 2-digits security code>.
- After completing the checkout process, please remember to take the library materials with you.
- Unless specially requested, the lending period is 3 weeks. You will receive an email reminder a day prior to the due date.
Returning Library Materials
- Please locate the book drop box. It's a black box underneath the checkout table.
- Deposit the material into the drop box though the box' hopper door.
Overdue Library Materials
Borrowing privileges are suspended if there are outstanding or repeatedly overdue materials.
Loss or Excessive Damage of Library Materials
For loss or excessive damage to the library materials, the borrower/reader is responsible for acquiring identical replacements for the library. If the original materials can't be acquired, the borrower shall compensate the library for the damage/loss. Borrowing and library usage privileges are suspended until such loss or damage is settled.
Book lending services are now available.
Book lending service is currently unavailable, as we continue to re-catalog our library books. 500 books have been cataloged so far.
We anticipate book lending to start on 4/28. There will be a check-out station for self-check-out books using a mobile app, shown at the right. We will no longer use the library book cards for checking out books.
Library is now open. However, there will be no book lending while we re-catalog our collections.
Library will be closed from 11/25 to 1/20 for rearrangement, to improve the reading environment and book displays.
Helps are needed for the rearrangement. If you can help with this library improvment effort, or have any questions, please contact Janet Li (email@example.com) or Jerry Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org), or come by the library at 1 PM on 11/25.
A library improvement initiative is underway to increase the reading and circulation of library materials. The planned changes include new library layout and new cataloging/circulation system to:
- Make the space more inviting
- Use bookstores model – Making it reader-interest driven
- Self-serve search via library kiosk, personal devices, etc.
- Decrease staffing need
Diagram to the right has the new library layout: