There are many needs in this world. For many women and girls, it is a need for health, safety, and dignity. For us, whose basic necessities are already met, the need may be to strengthen bonds of friendship, to feel useful, to be creative, or to give back and help others. Days for Girls is a great way to satisfy some of these needs. We are helping women in a most personal way.
There are so many ways to help...You can help in little ways or in big ways, once or often.
- You can donate funds, or specifically needed items.
- You can utilize your master sewing skills or learn new basic ones.
- You can meet with a group and bond while working together or you can work on your own timetable in your own way. It’s completely up to you.
What do we need?
Donate any of the following items:
- Colorful feminine fabrics (flannel/quilters cotton).
- Thread (polyester, use bright colors).
- 5/8” - 3/4” grosgrain ribbon.
- Pairs of new underwear (girl’s size 10/12/14). *Please, not "boy shorts".
- Washcloths - store-bought, 100% cotton.
- Gallon-size Ziploc Brand Freezer Grade Bags.
- Money to purchase the above items and the special waterproof fabric (PUL) that makes the system work. https://donate.daysforgirls.org/team/149067
- Your valuable time to sew the items needed for feminine hygiene kits or to do one of numerous steps to assemble kits.