Academic Coach- is a year long class where students have the opportunity to earn one elective credit.
Units of Study and Pacing Guide:
This class will focus on the completion of IEP goals, study skills and social skills. Students will also complete work aimed to prepare them for the ACT, SAT, and ASVAB Exams.
DISTRICT OUTLINED CATEGORIES AND ASSIGNMENT REQUIREMENTS:
Students will be graded each day by a point system in the following four areas:
- Weekly, students will receive IEP goal-based assignments.
- Completion of ACT, SAT, ASVAB review; IEP goal work (journal writing entry, reading assignments, and math problems).
- Participation in class activities; working consistently for the entire period.
- Following school and classroom rules: be on time, wearing a HHS lanyard and ID, following the dress code.
- Bringing required materials to class: laptop computer, pens, pencils, paper, homework assignment books and materials needed to complete homework and classwork assignments.
* Absent students have five days to complete missed assignments. It is the student’s responsibility to ask for and complete absent work by the five-day deadline.
- Students are required to follow all class rules, HHS rules, and the DCSD rules.
- Students may not miss more than ten days during the entire school year. Missing more than ten days will result in a loss of credit.
- Classroom Management Guidelines:
- Respect ALL teachers, students and property. Appropriate language is required!
- Students will be counted tardy if they are not in the room at the sound of the tardy bell.
- Students are to wear HHS IDs and lanyards at all times and comply with the dress code policy.
- All phones must be OFF! Special circumstances may be approved by the teacher.
- Headphones are allowed to listen to music quietly at the student’s desk during independent work time only.
- No food, drinks, gum, etc. are allowed in the classroom. Hard candy is permissible.
- Come prepared to work the entire class period; bring all necessary materials. NO LAYING HEADS ON ARMS OR DESKTOPS. NO SLEEPING!!!
- I will communicate with parents by telephone, email, conferences, progress reports and letters. Parents are free to call me anytime of the day.
- I encourage parents and guardians to contact me weekly to get feedback on a student’s grades and progress.
Class phone number (843) 857-3818