Dual Credit Information


*Scroll further down to view information on signing up.

What is Dual Credit?

Dual Credit courses are courses taken at a partnering Junior Colllege. These courses earn you high school and college credit, which means it will appear on both your high school and college transcript.

Who is Woodrow Wilson's partner Junior College?


Are these courses offered on Woodrow Wilson's campus?

Woodrow is not an early-college program, so we do not offer many courses on our campus. The only courses we offer are Dual Credit Pre-Calculus and English III. All other courses are taken at Richland.

Do these courses cost money?

No, tutiton is free. However, on occasion, a student may be required to purchase a text book.

What qualities should I have as a student to be successful in Dual Credit courses?

One should be responsible, motivated, and oragnized. You will need to be able to stay-up-to-date with your assignments and reach out to your college professor if you are struggling. You should be aware of college deadlines for enrollment and dropping a course if you are being unsuccessful. Dual Credit courses do not show up in PowerSchool, so one will have to make sure they are frequently checking their EConnect account for academic progress in Dual Credit Courses.

What is your school counselor's involvment in the process?

Woodrow Wilson High School is not an early college high school, so on-campus Dual Credit offerings are limited. We will provide basic information and paperwork for Dual Credit registration. Parents/students are responsible for locating available courses in Richland's course catalog. If you are having issues with the online application on DCCCD's website or have specific college questions, you will need to contact Richland. You will submit all your final paperwork to your counselor. We will submit your paperwork and transcript to Richland. Since these courses are taken through the college, counselors do not have the ability to monitor academic progress and notify parents/students if a student is being unsuccesful.

What are some common Dual Credit courses that Woodrow Wilson students take?

Personal/Community Health, Principles of MacroEconomics I, Federal Government, and College Algebra/Plane Trigonometry (Pre-Calculus). For more course options through DISD, please refer to the Core Curriculum document on the DISD Post-Secondary Partnerships and Programs page under Dual Credit.

How do I sign-up?

Please see the information below.

To be eligible to sign-up, you must meet one of the below requirements:

  1. You must meet the eligbility threshold on the TSI (Texas Success Initiviate) .

        • Score a 945+ on the ELAR AND a 5-8 on the essay

        • Score a 950 on the Math OR 910-949 plus a diagnostic score of 6.


  1. To be exempt from TSI requirements, one can qualify for Dual Credit by:

        • Scoring a 480 in EBRW and/or 530 in Math on the PSAT or the SAT

        • Scoring a 23 Composite on the ACT with a minimum of 19 in English and/or Math.

To sign, up, you must do/submit the following:

*Please check with your counselor for enrollment deadlines when you first think about taking Dual Credit.

  • If you've NEVER taken Dual Credit, follow these steps:

      1. Complete the "Application for Admission" on the DCCCD website and obtain your DCCCD ID. This is NOT your DISD ID. You will need the DCCCD ID for the next step of the process.

      2. Provide your school counselor with your DCCCD ID number.

      3. Let your school counselor know that you want to take a Dual Credit course by filling out the Dual Credit Form Information Needed. You will need to let them know which course you want to take and when. They will submit a request for enrollment documents on your behalf.

      4. When you receive your enrollment documents via email, you should fill them out in a timely manner. If the forms are never submitted, your enrollment will not be completed.

      5. Take and pass the required eligibility test(s). (TSI/PSAT)

  • If you've already taken Dual Credit, please start at step 3 in the above list.

Other need to know information:

  • If you want to withdraw from the college credit portion of the course, you’ll need to follow college drop/withdrawal procedures and deadlines.

  • This form can be picked up in the counseling office.