District 62 Working Together
The Board of Education formally approved a 5-year strategic plan for District 62 on June 18, 2018. This is where our work truly begins. Within the five strategic plan goals, 13 priorities have been defined for the district to assess and analyze. Beginning this fall, the district will form action plan committees to plan, study and define next steps.
The purpose of the Action Plan Teams will be to review the five strategies that we will address this year and determine next steps surrounding their implementation.
The five Action Plan Teams will focus on the following Goals/Strategies:
- Goal 2, Strategy 2: Continuously enhance social, emotional and health needs.
- Goal 3, Strategy 2: Build trust, confidence, support and relationships within the work environment to impact staff health and well-being.
- Goal 3, Strategy 3: Assist staff identify, use and reflect on key data sources to monitor and report progress and drive instructional decisions.
- Goal 4, Strategy 1: Improve communication and collaboration with families and the community through clear expectations, engagement, input and ownership.
- Goal 5, Strategy 1: Equitably allocate resources to meet the needs of all students and ensure the district continuously improves.
We look forward to beginning this exciting journey with all of you this fall which cannot be a success without the input and support from our staff, families and community.
Below is the mission, vision, core values and strategic plan goals that were adopted by the Board of Education on June 18:
Mission: Why we exist
Empowering confident, future ready learners and productive citizens
Vision: Where we are headed
Students, staff, families, and our community value District 62 as a high quality, continuously improving school district as evidenced by:
• Competencies for College, Career and Life Success
• Safe, Engaged and Respectful Learning Environment
• Impactful and Innovative Teaching Practices
• Engaged Families and a Connected Community
• Coherent, Resourceful School System
Values: What we stand for
- Continuous Improvement
Strategic Plan Goals:
Goal 1: Student Growth and Achievement
Engage all students in learning that leads to academic growth, achievement, and readiness for high school, college, career, and life.
Goal 2: Learning Environment
Provide personal support to each student to develop the skills and confidence to be self-sufficient learners.
Goal 3: Work Environment
Provide personal support to each staff member to develop the skills and confidence to be innovative, exemplary, and visionary leaders of the district and their profession.
Goal 4: Family and Community Connections
Engage families and the community as partners to support student success.
Goal 5: Resources
Effectively, efficiently, and equitably manage the district’s facilities and financial resources.