STEAM @ Tope Remote Learning Portal
THURSDAY THOUGHTS MAY 14TH, 2020
DEAREST TOPE FAMILIES,
GRADING/REPORT CARD/ NEXT YEAR TEACHER-- INFORMATION- We will be mailing out report cards around May 22nd. You should expect them to arrive in the mail the following week. We are hopeful that you will know your child’s assigned teacher for the following year at that time. However, there are a lot of unknowns right now in the world of education. We are monitoring our 4th and 5th grade classrooms for class size and will wait to assign teachers until July/August based on numbers and the situation.
Due to Remote Learning Circumstances, not all content was taught as it would have been, therefore you may see more N's on this report card. Fourth quarter academic grades will not be lowered, but may improve per district guidelines. Remote Learning included a minimum of 3 literacy and 3 math lessons weekly that connected to standards and D51 curriculum. Effort and Behavior grades are based on Remote Learning.
Grades will be given based on the previous quarter. Staff will take into consideration engagement and participation for 4th quarter and respond accordingly. If areas were not taught you will see a “N”. Only students who participated in the Specials (PE, Music, STEAM, Library and Technology) will receive grades, all others will receive “N”.
REMOTE LEARNING ENDED TODAY! TOPE RESOURCE RETURN DAY IS TOMORROW, MAY 15TH! CHROMEBOOKS, LIBRARY BOOKS AND CLASSROOM BOOKS MUST BE RETURNED IN ORDER TO ENSURE OUR TOPE EAGLES CAN CONTINUE TO HAVE THESE RESOURCES NEXT YEAR AND FOR YEARS TO COME!
Families with the last name (A-K) 11:00-1:00- Families with the last name of (L-Z) (If possible)
*********MAY 18TH- MAY 22ND- Phone calls and Emails will begin to collect any Chromebooks not returned and/or books******* We know where you live! :)
You will want to take 12th and turn Westbound on Walnut. You will not be able to access Walnut from 7th Street--- IT WILL BE BLOCKED OFF!
Stations are as follows~
1) Chromebook Check In Station- (Chromebooks and Charging Cords)
2) Book Check In Station- (LIBRARY BOOKS, CLASSROOM BOOKS, ETC.)
3) Yearbook/Class pics- YEARBOOKS ARE HERE! You may purchase a yearbook today with exact cash or check only! They are 10$.
4) 1st Grade- Rotary books/Memory books (FIRST GRADE ONLY)
5) 5th Grade Graduation Station- GIFT BAGS (FIFTH GRADE ONLY)
6) Student Personal Belonging Bags- Bags that were not picked up prior to remote learning will be available
1) STAY IN YOUR CAR. 2) Be kind and patient. 3) Drive slow and wait your turn. ***Again, this is subject to change at any given moment due to district-wide and statewide updates. We appreciate your partnership and support as we navigate this unknown territory together. Please feel free to reach out to me with any of your questions or concerns. I am available at any time, please give me 24 hours to respond to email.
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR DEDICATION AND SUPPORT THROUGHOUT THIS YEAR. WE FEEL HONORED TO SERVE YOUR CHILDREN AND WE HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A SAFE AND WONDERFUL SUMMER!
We love our Tope family!
STEAM @ Tope