Becoming a member
Students who would like to be considered for Tri-S chapter membership should start to build their "resume" during middle school and 9th grade by volunteering in the community and by taking leadership roles in school and in the community. Being a part of our chapter is an invitation to CONTINUE the excellence that you have already established.
Who is invited?
- At GJHS, students with cumulative grade point averages of 3.5 or higher are mailed an invitation (usually in February) to fill out the Candidate Information Form. Filling out a Candidate Form does not guarantee admission to NHS.
- The Faculty Council (a five-teacher team appointed by the principal) meets to review the forms to determine if candidates meet the standards of NHS according to scholarship, leadership, character, and service. Being a part of our chapter is an invitation to continue the excellence you have already established.
- All candidates receive notification of acceptance or rejection by the end of February/start of March.
- All invited candidates must attend an Informational Meeting prior to induction, sign a Member Pledge Sheet, and dues of $15.
- Accepted students are inducted in April.