Welcome to the 2020-2021 School Year
Please review the information below for the 2020-2021 school year. Fees will open on June 1, 2020, the deadline for the Early Bird Discount is July 15, 2020.
If you have any questions or need help printing documents, please call the school at 331-228-4400.
THE 411 FOR SCN
MATERIALS PICK UP
Materials Pick Up will be open to Sophomores through Seniors from 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm on July 28, 30, or August 3.
Freshman Orientation Day is August 6, 2020, 8:30 am to 3:00 pm
Late Material Pick-Up is August 10, 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm for all grade levels
Back to School Night is September 3, 7:00 pm
Students Will Need:
- A reservation- Parents must sign up their child for a 20 minute time slot by signing up here: https://pickatime.com/cusd/NorthHS (you may have to cut and paste this address into your web browser)
- Parents should only be signing up their sophomore, junior, or senior during this time. A separate Freshman Orientation Day will be happening on August 6th and a sign-up for that event will be sent in another email.
- Parents logging in for the first time must login with their email address on file and create a password.
- Parents who have logged in before should use their existing password.
- If a parent has forgotten their password, they can send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org for the password to be reset for them.
- A face covering- students will not be allowed inside the building without one
- A bag to hold all materials
- A copy of their Student Fee Sheet. This can be digital or paper and can be found on your PushCoin account. Directions to do this can be found here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1thJkcAvsr0Z-7ucuyPAxkVe5IZxFn7Xs5T5AIB3oWHY/edit?usp=sharing (you may have to cut and paste this address into your web browser)
- Juniors and Seniors who are planning to pick up a parking pass must have already dropped off a Parking Pass Request Form to the school and they must show their driver’s license at their material pick-up appointment time before their pass can be issued. Specific information about parking was sent in a previous email.
What To Do On The Day of the Appointment:
- Students should arrive at the Auditorium Entrance (Door 12) at their assigned time.
- Students will pick up the following materials in person:
- ID Card (this will be pre-printed with last year’s photo)
- Student Planner
- 2019-2020 Yearbook (if already purchased)
- Homecoming T-Shirt (if already purchased)
- Blue Fan Group Spirit T-Shirt Pack (if already purchased)
- Parking Pass (if already purchased for juniors and seniors only)
- If students wish to purchase any of the items listed above, they can either be billed for the item at school (via PushCoin) or, if the item is out of stock, they can be put on a waiting list.
- Schedules will not be handed out during Material Pick-Up days. Students will have online access to their schedules prior to the start of school.
- Book distribution will be managed by each teacher at the start of the school year.
- Senior-specific tasks (like cap and gown measurements) will be done online, at a later time, through the Office of College and Career Readiness.
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR SUMMER HOURS
Please contact Annette Blaskoski at email@example.com or 331.228.5095 to schedule summer appointments with a counselor. At this time the summer hours have not been set due to COVID-19 regulations.
CURRENT D303 STUDENTS
- Step by step directions for registration/enrollment on the District webpage.
- After completing the registration steps, the District webpage will bring you to your HAC/PUSHCOIN account to pay your school fees. 2020-2021 Fees will be viewable in PUSHCOIN accounts on June 1, 2020. Use this link to bring you to the District registration and enrollment webpage.
NEW STUDENTS TO D303
- Follow the step listed on the D303 webpage. Please print the forms and bring the required documents to your appointment with our registrar.
- Contact the SCN Registrar, Patricia Hulfachor, to schedule an appointment for your new student's registration. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 331.228.6279.
FEES AND OPTIONAL FEES PAYABLE ON PUSHCOIN
Your student's registration fees are located on your student's PUSHCOIN account, course fees will be applied at a later date. PUSHCOIN information can be found here. Fees may be paid by credit/debit card or ACH check and they will be viewable in PUSHCOIN accounts on June 1, 2020.
$100.00 Senior Parking (odd/even only; must print application and return)
$100.00 Junior Parking (odd/even only must print application and return)
$15.00 Homecoming Class T-Shirt
$30.00 Blue Fan Spirit Favor Pack (SCN Spirit Wear to be worn at SCN events)
$30.00 SCN PTO
$10.00 Greater St. Charles Education Foundation donation
$10.00 Stargazer Subscription (student newspaper mailed home during the school year)
$120.00 Sports Fee (per sport)
Fall -Cross Country Boys or Girls
Fall-Golf Boys or Girls
Fall-Swim & Dive Girls
Winter-Basketball Boys or Girls
Winter-Bowling Boys or Girls
Winter-Swim & Dive Boys
Spring-LaCrosse Boys or Girls
Spring- Soccer Girls
Spring-Track Boys or Girls
Spring-Water Polo Boys or Girls
PHYSICALS, MEDICATIONS, AND IMMUNIZATIONS
- Prior to the start of the school year, all students entering 9th grade must have a completed physical form, with the required immunizations, on file with the school nurse. The IHSA Sports Physical Examination does not fulfill the 9th grade requirement.
- One dose of the Meningitis vaccine (MCV4) must be received on/after the age of 16 and is required for entry into Grade 12. Meningitis form
- Medications at school require specific forms located on the D303 webpage.
CODE OF CONDUCT-CLUBS AND ACTIVITIES
The Code of Conduct is required for all students participating in Clubs and Activities. More information will be available over the summer break.
Heart Smart will be offered during the 2021/2022 school year. SCN is proud to announce the partnership with Heart Smart EKG (heartsmartekg.org). The organization will be bringing heart screenings to the students. Be on the lookout for registration information once school is back in session.
Juniors and Seniors who are planning to pick up a parking pass must have already dropped off a Parking Pass Request Form to the school and they must show their driver’s license at their material pick-up appointment time before their pass can be issued. Specific information about parking was sent in a previous email.
- PTO: $30 per year per family payable as an OPTIONAL FEE on PUSHCOIN. The PTO promotes and encourages communication among parents, teachers, administration and the community. PTO is involved in many school events, such as Heart Screening, Post Prom, and Back to School Night. It has set a goal to continue these family and student programs each year. For questions, information and how to sign up to participate go to www.scnpto.com.
- ATHLETIC BOOSTERS: Registration is online at http://il.8to18.com/scn Family ($75), Alumni Booster ($10), Grandparents Booster ($25), Extra Star Cards ($10).
- FRIENDS OF MUSIC: Benefactor $200+, Advocate $100 – $199, Associate $50 – $99, Friend $1 – $49. The Friends of Music benefits our students by enhancing their music knowledge, strengthening their performances, and supplementing the instruction and technology needs of the entire music department. Membership and payment can be made online at www.scnmusic.com or a separate check can be attached with each membership form when you return your fees. Contact www.scnmusic.com for more information and questions or contact FOMcommunications@gmail.com
- GREATER EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION: $10.00 donation. Supports projects that supplement the student educational experience though out D303 and through student scholarships. Payable as an OPTIONAL FEE on PUSHCOIN.