New School Updates
College Point Collaborative / M.S. Q379
THE SCHOOL DAY FOR STUDENTS IS
8:20 AM to 2:40 PM
- Breakfast is free for all students and begins at 7:45 AM each school day
SCHOOL PHONE: (929) 362-3300
New Middle School Q379 - 25Q379 [Building Q336]
- Principal IA: Renee Klager
- School Name: College Point Collaborative Middle School
- School Code: 25Q379
- School Phone: (929) 362-3300
- School Hours for Students: 8:20 AM - 2:40 PM
- Breakfast and Lunch are FREE for all students.
- Breakfast begins at 7:30 AM each school day.
- Neighborhood: College Point
- Address: 124-06 14 Avenue Queens, NY 11356
- Bus: Q20B, Q25, Q65, Q76
- Capacity: 507 middle school seats (grades 6 through 8)
- Admissions Priorities: (1) Priority to 5th grade students zoned to or attending P.S. 29 or P.S. 129. (2) Then to students and residents of District 25.
- Q379 in the 2018 Middle School Directory
- Learn about Middle School Choice in District 25.
The M.S. 379 community will work collaboratively, as partners, to engage students in rigorous learning opportunities preparing them for high school and beyond. Our expectations are that students will grow global competency and develop academic skills and knowledge necessary to address shared global challenges as they become productive members of our local community and global society. We aim to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young adults. The knowledge and skills students gain in our school will empower them to become active, compassionate lifelong learners. Our students explore content through challenging project based and self-directed learning models and make connections to our local and global communities.
M.S. 379 is opening in a new building for the first time in Fall of 2018. The building name chosen by the community is the College Point Collaborative School of Leadership and Innovation. Those themes will be reflected in the culture of the new school. Student activities and electives will be decided with input from the community and the interests of the entering 6th grade class.
If you have questions about the new College Point middle school Q379 please contact the Community Superintendent's office:
- Phone: 631-729-1006
- Email: email@example.com
UPDATE - November 7, 2017
YOU'RE INVITED to the Middle School Q379 "Open House"!
Date/Time: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Location: 25Q029 - P.S. 29 | 125-10 23rd Ave College Point, NY 11356
Let us know you are coming and RSVP.
Please come join us to learn about the new College Point Middle School, Q379, opening September 2018. Meet the Project Director, Renee Klager, and learn about what the new Middle School will offer:
- Rigorous Instruction
- School Specialty Programs
- Enrichment and Academic Programs
We will be there to answer any questions you may have and look forward to seeing you!
UPDATE - October 18, 2017
You're Invited to Joint the Middle School Q379 Community Working Group
The Q379 Project Director, Renee Klager, will work collaboratively with the community throughout the design and development of the school. If you are interested in being part of the Q379 Community Working Group please let us know here.
UPDATE - September 25, 2017
You're Invited to the District 25 Middle School Fair!
Community School District 25 invites all 5th grade students and their families to the D25 Middle School Fair!
Meet school staff and students from all District 25 Middle Schools. Meet Q379 and district leadership to learn about our new College Point middle school, its vision, and details on the admissions process for the 2018-2019 school year.
UPDATE - May 17, 2017
Superintendent DiMango met with 4th grade students from P.S. 029 QUEENS [top, 25Q029] and P.S. 129 PATRICIA LARKIN [bottom, 25Q129] to brainstorm names for the new College Point Middle School [25Q336].
- April 13, 2017 / Queens Chronicle / College Point to get new junior HS
- April 12, 2017 / NY1 News / Middle School to Replace Old St. Fidelis in College Point
- April 12, 2017 / Queens Tribune / Junior High School Coming To College Point
- Tuesday, April 11, 2017 / Queens Courier / New junior high school set to open in College Point at a former Catholic school site
- April 11, 2017 / Patch.com / College Point Junior High School To Replace Catholic School
- October 31, 2015 / Times Ledger / Middle school coming to College Point: Vallone
- April 17, 2014 / Times Ledger / New junior high school coming to College Point in 2018
- June 7, 2013 / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS / College Point residents want a middle school to replace closing parochial school