2019 Summer Information
Greetings from Niles North
Please use the links below to read important policy information.
The 2019 – 2020 school year officially begins with a full day of school on Tuesday, August 13, 2019. School will be in session on August 13, from 8:10 a.m. to 3:23 p.m. for all new and returning students. This site contains important information; if you choose to return any of the attached forms, please so by to July 26, 2019.
Note: Freshman Orientation will be on Thursday, August 8, 2019; more specific information will be mailed mid-July. Transfer Student Family Orientation Dinner for sophomore, junior and senior transfer students and their parents/guardians will be on Monday, August 5, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. dinner will be provided. If you have questions call Student Services at 847-626-2161.
Class Schedules: During the summer counselors will only be available to assist students on the following dates: August 7, from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. and August 9th from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. If you have questions call Student Services at 847-626-2161.
Please review these important policies with your student(s)
(1) Authorization for Computer and Network Access and use of Netbooks: Board Policy 6:235-E1, 6:235, 6:235-AP1, 6:235-AP4, 6:235-AP5 and 6:235-E3, and regarding student access to computers and computer networks in District 219. Please review these policies with your student(s). All students are required to complete an authorization for computer use form ONLY ONCE while enrolled in a Niles Township High School. The authorization form is completed during freshmen registration. Only transfer students will need to complete the signature form, “Authorization for Computer and Network Access”. ONLY transfer students and their parents must sign the authorization form, therefore, the authorization form has NOT been included. It is assumed that freshman, sophomore, junior and senior students have previously signed the authorization form. If for some reason your freshman student did not complete this form during Registration please call and a signature form will be sent to you. Authorization forms will be included in a separate packet for transfer students and distributed to them during their registration process. If you have any questions please call the Assistant Principal’s office at 847-626-2020.
(2) Student Safety: Student ID/Student Safety/Sexting/Underage Drinking and CPR and AED Video: Board Policy 4:170-AP8 regarding student ID’s. All students will be required to wear a District issued photo ID while in school during the regular school day. Board Policy 4:170-AP2, E1 regarding student safety, Board Policy 7:190-AP4, E1 regarding the problem of sexting, Board Policy 4:170AP2, E2 regarding underage dringing and Board Policy 4:170-AP6, E2 regarding a CPR and AED video which you are encouraged to watch with your student(s).
(3) Code of Conduct: Board Policy 7:240-AP1 regarding student conduct in extra-curricular activities. Please review this policy with your student(s). The Extra-Curricular Permit Card 7:240-E1 was sent to all freshmen students earlier this summer, therefore, the signature card has NOT been included in this mailing. All students are required to complete the form ONLY ONCE while enrolled in a Niles Township High School. If you did not receive the signature card please call and one will be sent to you. If you have any questions please call the Athletic Office at 847-626-2301.
(4) Military Release Waiver and Post-secondary Institution Waiver: Board Policy 7:340-AP1, E4 regarding the release of information to the military. Action only needs to be taken if you object to the release of information about your student(s) to the military. If you choose to return this form please do so within the first two weeks of school.
(5) Student Records: Board Policy 7:340-AP1, E1 regarding student records and the rights of parents/guardians and the student to review student(s) records.
(6) Notice to Parents Required Elementary and Secondary Education Act, McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, and Protection of Pupil Rights Act: Board Policy 6:170, AP2.
(7) Student Handbook Policy Pages: Parents are required to review with their student(s) important policy information each school year. When you log-in to your student's ILP you will acknowledge and agree that the District has made these policies and procedures available to you. Please view these policies with your student(s) at: https://sites.google.com/a/d219.org/student-handbook/
(8) Fee Waiver / Lunch Application: Board Policy 4:140-E1