Advanced Placement Testing
Online Registration: February 01, 2019 – February 28, 2019
AP Exam Dates May 6 – May 17, 2019
If you are planning on taking the Advanced Placement test in May, you must complete the online registration between February 1 – February 28, 2019.
If you took an AP exam last year at SHS, you will be prompted to enter your email address and password. If you forgot your password from last year, you can request for your password to be reset.
PRE-ADMINISTRATION CHANGES FOR 2019!
Pre-Administration sessions will not be held at SHS. Instead it will be completed online through Total Registration when registering for exams. Please allow extra time to complete the process to accommodate this change.
Full payments are due by Wednesday, March 6, 2019. If payment is not by that date the test will not be ordered.
REMINDER FOR 2019: All payments will be made through Total Registration. Credit card payments can be made online at the time of registration. Checks will be mailed directly to Total Registration.
The cost of EACH exam you register to take is $94.00. Upon completion of your online registration, you will receive a Registration Confirmation Invoice. Again, If the total payment is not received by Wednesday, March 6, 2019, test(s) will not be ordered.
- Students who cancel an exam by Friday, May 3, 2019 are entitled to a refund of the exam fee, minus a cancellation fee of $15 per exam cancelled.
If you have any questions regarding the Advanced Placement testing process, please feel free to contact Mr. Kowalski or Ms. Werlein in Student Services.
Last Minute Reminders:
- Bring your school ID to the testing room.
- Arrive promptly at 7:15 a.m. for the morning exams.
- Arrive at 11:35 a.m. for the afternoon exams.
- NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED IN THE TESTING ROOM or any other electronic equipment (i.e. a watch with an electronic alarm).
- NO BACKPACKS ALLOWED. Please leave backpacks in lockers. Anything brought into the exam room MUST be left in the front of the room, except for pencils, pens, calculators, AP Student Packs, answer sheets, test booklets.
- NO FOOD ALLOWED IN THE TESTING AREA. However, students may bring a light snack and drink to have during their 10 minute break. PLEASE CLEARLY LABEL YOUR SNACK AND DRINK BECAUSE THEY WILL BE LEFT OUTSIDE THE TESTING AREA.
- No mechanical pencils. Only sharpened No. 2 pencils, with erasers. Please bring pens with black or dark blue ink for completing areas on the exam booklet and free-response questions.
- If students are required to use a calculator for their exam, they are allowed to bring up to two (2) approved calculators. Listing of approved calculators can be found here.
- AP Student Packs will be returned to the student at the first exam. After that, students are responsible for bringing their AP Student Pack to each exam.
- Students who have two tests on the same day should make arrangements to bring food to eat between tests, time allowing.
AFTERNOON TEST TAKERS
Arrive promptly at 11:35 a.m. for the afternoon exams – students have received passes to excuse them from 5th period to eat and get to the exam room by this time.
- Afternoon tests will typically go past 2:45 p.m. In that case, please arrange for your own ride or take the activity bus home.
- Afternoon test takers who participate in a sports/activity should notify their coach/sponsor that they may be late for their game/practice that day. You may have to arrange for your own transportation if your team is traveling to another school.
- >> Register Now
Here are some additional Advanced Placement resources: