Leeks are in the Nursery in the morning 09:00 until 11:40
Daffodils are in the Nursery in the afternoon 12:35 until 15:15
Library is every Friday. Please make sure you bring in your book bags.
Please ensure names are on ALL items of clothing- cardigans, jumpers, coats, etc.
Water bottles need to be brought in daily and filled with water ONLY.
Please ensure names are on all bottles.
We are a Healthy School and Nursery has fruit/vegetables weekly.
We will let you know when we are ready for PE kits. They need to be stored within a draw string bag, however it will be a while before we are ready to change completely. We are beginning with shoes and socks as well as putting on coats, cardigans and jumpers. Please name shorts and t-shirts.
You may want to include a spare set of clothes just in case of accidents.
Our topic this half term is called:
Paws, Claws and Whiskers
During this topic we will be having a visit from 'Cats Protection'. The topic has a creative development focus. It will enable children to develop their artistic skills and ideas using a range of expressive and creative processes by exploring the world of domestic and big cats.
Our first Pie Corbett story: The Owl and the Pussycat
In this project children will learn about:
- Animals which are part of the cat family including domestic and big cats
- Habitats in which they live both in the home and in the wild
- The body parts of cats
- Animal care, including organisations and charities that provide animal welfare
- How to create 3D forms using modelling materials
- How to record their ideas and creativity in two and three dimensional forms
- How to sequence movements to sounds and music
- Charitable work of different organisations that care for animals
- Mark making, drawing and emergent writing
- The Welsh language using words and phrases across a range of experiences in the indoor and outdoor environment