Croeso i Dosbarth 7
- P.E will be held on a Monday. P.E kits can be kept in school and will be returned home at the end of each term.
- Reading books are to be brought in daily. They will be changed every Tuesday and Friday as long as there is a parental signature.
- Homework will be given every Friday and will need to be returned by the following Friday. Each child has a draw in class if they wish to bring their homework in sooner.
Shwmae! I am the mother of 4 boys and the proud grandmother to a beautiful grandson. I have been a teacher in this school for 27 years. I enjoy cooking and reading but most of all I love to travel and explore new places.
Shwmae! I am the other of 3 and also have a gorgeous grandson. I have worked at the school for 7 years. I enjoy spending my free time with my family and friends.
Inspire Maths - Summer Term
What we will be working on-
How you can help -
1. let your child explore using different size measuring jugs or containers. Point out the graduation marks. Show measurements of liquids when shopping by looking at product labels, point out ml and L as units of measure.
2. Make sure your child is familiar with coins and notes. They should know that 5 pennies is the same value as 5p 100 pennies is the same as £1 etc. Use money to play shop games, ask your child to spend a given amount in a shop game, asking how much change they would get from £1 £2.
3. Talk to your child about time, using years, months, weeks, days, hours and minutes. set a timer so they get a practical sense of 1 minute. You can play a time game where you set a challenge to be completed in a given time. Look at analogue and digital times, note times of the day, such as breakfast, bedtime etc.
Literacy - Summer Term
What we are working on -
1. Building fluency in reading
2. Non Fiction Writing - report writing
How you can help -
1. Spend a little time every single day listening to your child read. Correct mistakes while being encouraging and positive. Explain the meaning of words that are unfamiliar and ask questions about the story.
2. Show your child examples of non fiction writing, menu's, recipes, and holiday brochures. Show factual books, history, atlas, dictionary etc.
3. Cursive handwriting homework will be sent home in the summer term.
Our next topic is - Wriggle & Crawl, please see below for more information.
Wonderful Welsh! We promote using Welsh at every opportunity in and around the school, see below for sentence structures we are working on so that you can practice at home.