Croeso i Dosbarth 4
- P.E days are Wednesday, please bring a PE kit to school at the start of each term to remain here until returned at the end of half term.
- Reading days for our class are on Tuesday and Friday, home school reading books are changed on these days, please make a comment in the purple reading record to let us know how your child has read.
- Homework is given out on a Friday and due in the following Friday.
- Please ensure water bottles are brought in daily, labelled and filled with water only.
- Children are encouraged to bring fruit to school daily for their morning snack.
- We expect all belongings to be clearly labelled.
Miss Hodgkiss ydw i. I have just moved to Wales from across the bridge and am new to the school this year! I enjoy travelling in the holidays, cooking and eating different cuisines and socialising with my friends.
Maths - Summer Term
What we will be working on-
1. Addition and Subtraction
2. Shapes and patterns
3. Ordinal numbers to 20
How you can help -
1. Use practical objects around the home to ask your child how many altogether? E.g. There are 3 blue toy cars and 2 yellow toy cars - how many altogether. Use the same process with subtraction. You had 5 sweets but you have eaten 2. How many do you have left?
2. Talk to your child about shapes and patterns in your environment. When out and about walking look for shapes both 2D and 3D discussing the properties of the shape and names. E.g. Look at the triangle car sign on the post, it has 3 sides and 3 corners.
3. Help your child recite number songs - Check out Jack Hartman on youtube, the children love his songs.
Literacy - Autumn Term
What we are working on -
1. Pie Corbett Story - The Little Red Hen
2. Spelling - Simple 'cvc' words to encourage independent writing. E.g. c-a-t, s-i-t, t-o-p.
3. Handwriting - Individual letter sounds sitting on the line.
How you can help -
1. You could read this or any other book linked to our topic - Supermarket.
2. Practice spelling these words with your child, allowing them time to sound out the individual letter sounds of each word.
3. Model to your child how to write words/letters sitting on the line.
Our topic for this term is - Supermarket! Please see the file below for more information.
Wonderful Welsh! We promote using Welsh at every opportunity in and around the school, see below for sentence structures we are working on so that you can practice at home.