Croeso i Dosbarth 2
- P.E days are Wednesday and Thursday, please bring a PE kit to school at the start of each term to remain here until returned at the end of half term.
- Reading days for our class are on Tuesday and Friday, home school reading books are changed on these days, please make a comment in the purple reading record to let us know how your child has read.
- Homework is given out on a Friday and due in the following Friday.
- Please ensure water bottles are brought in daily, labelled and filled with water only.
- Children are encouraged to bring fruit to school daily for their morning snack.
- We expect all belongings to be clearly labelled.
Shwmae, Mrs Walters ydw i. This is my third year teaching at Cyfarthfa Park Primary and I am thrilled to be working in Reception again! I am a Mum of three who loves gardening, reading, painting and drawing when there is time! But there is nothing I like more than a little Dough Disco, Digit Dance or outdoor learning while in school and am particularly excited about exploring some wonderful activities with all of Dosbarth 2 and Dosbarth 3 in the coming year.
Mrs. Withanage ydw i. I have been working at Cyfarthfa Park Primary school for 10 years and currently working in Reception class. I am originally from Sri Lanka and enjoy very much travelling to new destinations with my family as and when I have a chance.
Maths - Summer Term
What we will be working on-
How you can help -
1. Let your child explore using different size measuring jugs or containers, playing with liquids. Concentrate on full, empty, and half full.
2. Talk to your child about temperature, use phrases like, cold, colder, warm, warmer and hot. You can talk about the weather, colder in winter, warmer in summer. Let them feel the temperature of warm and cold things to gain an actual sense of temperature.
3. Show your child money. Talk about the numbers on the different coins. Play shop games so your child gets a sense of spending money. Concentrate on 1p 2p 5p and 10p.
Literacy - Summer Term
What we are working on -
1. Pie Corbett Story - Kassim and the Greedy Pirate
2. Spelling - High Frequency Words (HFW)
3. Handwriting - Writing names
How you can help -
1. You could read this or any other pirate book to your child. Explain words that might be in other 'Pirate' books.
2. In the front of the reading log (the purple book) is a list of high frequency words, you can practice spelling these with your child.
3. Let your child practice writing their first name.
Our topic for next term is - Land Ahoy! Please see the file below for more information.
Wonderful Welsh! We promote using Welsh at every opportunity in and around the school, see below for sentence structures we are working on so that you can practice at home.