Hello Room 23 Families!
Please click on the tabs above to see what we're learning!
HANGOUT MEET LINK FOR DAILY MEETING at 9:00 am
Join by phone
+1 510-766-1954 PIN: 560 059 463#
YEARBOOKS ARE ON SALE NOW!
New this year...you can order online!
School Code: 87035
FREE PASSES FOR FOURTH GRADERS!
All fourth grade students are eligible to get a FREE pass to federal parks and historical places. I have sent one home with each student.
How it works
- Show your pass to a ranger when you enter. If there is no ranger, leave it on the dashboard of your car.
- If you visit a site that charges entrance fees per person— The pass admits all children under 16 and up to three adults for free.
- If your group visits a site that charges vehicle entrance fees - The pass admits all children under 16 and all adults in up to one passenger vehicle. Commercial vehicles can't use a pass to get in.
- If you arrive at a site on bicycle— The pass admits all children under 16 and up to three adults on bicycles.
- The pass doesn't cover things like parking fees, camping, boats, and special tours. Also, some sites are managed by private operators. They may not honor the pass. Check with the site ahead of time to find out.
- The pass doesn’t cover fees for local, city, or state parks and recreation areas unless they say that they accept this pass.
- Paper passes can be exchanged for plastic passes at certain sites.
For more information, check out https://everykidoutdoors.gov/
Homework packets will be sent home each Monday (or first day of the school week). The packets will be due on Friday.
Homework will consist of nightly reading, a written response to reading, and a daily citizenship activity (e.g., share something you are proud of that happened today with someone at home). In addition, I will include OPTIONAL math homework based on the previous week's lessons. I have told the students that although it is optional for me, if you tell them they must do it, then it is no longer optional but required. :)
SCHOLASTIC BOOK ORDERS
Did you know? Kids who read for just 20 minutes a day are more successful in school and life. Ordering from Scholastic Book Clubs is an easy way to find the best books that are just right for your child’s grade and interests.
Choose books with your child from the paper flyers or online at: scholastic.com/bookclubs
To order online, connect to our class using our Class Code (or look me up by our school name):
Class Code - TQWR7
As soon as your order is delivered to our classroom, I will send it home with your child.
Plus every order you place earns FREE Books for our class to share.
Thank you for your support and happy reading,
Here is the most recent flyer https://editions.mydigitalpublication.com/publication/?i=606217