International Baccalaureate Program

Incoming 9th graders admitted into the IB Scholars program must have take then IB Scholars exam prior to entering the program. If you have not taken this exam or have any further questions regarding the program, please contact Margarita Fernandez at 718-370-1809 (ext. 1230) or at


Incoming Freshmen must have:

  • A reading and Math level of 2-3 NA
  • A reading and Math level 3-4 PN
  • 90% attendance or better
  • Good citizenship
  • Filled out a Curtis HS application and select the Nursing program
  • Pass all major subjects

Students in the Nursing house are expected to prepare for college during their four years at Curtis by:

  • Achieving an Advanced Regents Diploma
  • Taking higher level courses (AP, IB, College Now, Physics, Chemistry, Algebra II, and Trigonometry)
  • Taking advantage of our free PSAT administration and SAT review courses
  • Registering on the and websites
  • Attending college information sessions held by our College Advisor

The SIS Program is a college preparation core program typically found in any of the specialized high school and is geared to the student with strong interest in the humanities, law, and sciences, preparing SIS student to take some of the advanced placement courses offered at Curtis High School.

New Student Admissions

All new students in grades 9 through 12, including those with an Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or who require special education services, must register at an Enrollment Office.

What to Bring

  • You must bring the following documentation and proof of residency with you when enrolling in a NYC public school.
  • If you are enrolling in a zoned school, bring the documents to the school.
  • If you are visiting an Enrollment Office, bring the documents to the office.
  • Bring your child/children with you when registering.
  • Chancellor’s Regulation A-101 includes further details about enrolling in an NYC public school.

Required Documents

  • Child’s birth certificate or passport as proof of age
  • Immunization records
  • Latest report card/transcript (if available)
  • Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable and available)
  • Required Proof of NYC Residence (any two of the following):*
  • Utility bill (gas or electric) for the residence issued by National Grid (formerly Keyspan), Con Edison, or the Long Island Power Authority (for the Rockaways); must be dated within the past 60 days
  • Water bill for the residence; must be dated within the past 90 days
  • Original lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence
  • Current property tax bill for the residence
  • Official payroll document from an employer (example: payroll receipt); must be dated within the past 60 days
  • Document or letter from a federal, state, or local government agency indicating the resident’s name and address (example: document from Internal Revenue Service (IRS), City Housing Authority, the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS)); must be dated within the past 60 days

* If you are not the leaseholder of your residence, you must submit a Residency Affidavit

Enrichment Programs