East West Running Camp
Bearcat March Mile Road Race
The East West Running Camp
Registration Fee - $15 (includes camp t-shirt, snack, and race entry into Bearcat March Mile Road Race)
Registration will take place on the first day of camp on site (both East and West Elementary).
- Camp will be held the following dates at both East Elementary and West Elementary in Cullman, Alabama. We will have staff facilitating a camp at both East and West Elementary at the same time on the dates below. Coach Trent Dean will be directing both camps with his support staff.
- Monday, March 5th (3:00-4:30 PM)
- Tuesday, March 6th (3:00-4:15 PM)
- Thursday, March 8th (3:00-4:15 PM)
- Saturday, March 10th - Bearcat March Mile Road Race (see info below)
- The camp director is Trent Dean, the Head Cross Country and Track and Field coach at Cullman High School. Each camp will be facilitated through Coach Dean, some of his varsity athletes, which include All-State runners and college-bound runners, as well as some of his assistant coaches and adult support staff, some having been collegiate runners as well.
- Camp is age appropriate and will consist of learning the basics of running and racing through participation in active demonstrations, group drills and circuits, specific workouts, as well as games and lots of two-way communication. Some of these basics include learning to manage your effort and run by feel, proper form and how it equates to running efficiency, key workouts for running improvement, training theory, and race strategies and tactics.
Bearcat March Mile Road Race
Saturday, March 10, 2018
Festhalle Farmer's Market, 209 1st Ave NE, Cullman, AL 35055
Promo code for Free Race Registration for East and West Elementary students that particpated in the Bearcat East West Running Camp
Attention High School and Middle School Coaches -- Team rates are available. Contact race director (Trent Dean - email@example.com) for details.
Packet Pick-Up: 6:45-7:30 AM @ Cullman's Depot Park by Start and Finish Line
The starting line is by the Festhalle and the race course begins heading out on Clark Street. See course map on Active.com registration page for turn by turn directions.
The course is a mile (1609 meters) and conducive for fast times and good racing.
Each turn onto 2nd Avenue provides long gradual downhills great for leaning forward and opening up your stride allowing you to increase the pace while maintaining consistent energy output. The right turn on 1st Street early in the race is an excellent marquee for the race being it is a small rise by the historic Catholic church building right before the first downhill. The rest of the course is flat. Also racers love the long downhill to the finish by Cullman's beautiful Depot Park. Awards at the park post race.
A map where the course can be seen is on the Active.com registration page.
8:00 AM Open/Elite Division
8:15 AM 4th-6th Grade
8:30 AM 1st-3rd Grade
8:45 AM K and Under
- Scott Adams will be the MC with music and announcing
- Coach Trent Dean, the race director
Overall Male and Female Champion in Open/Elite Division wins the Bearcat Champion's Trophy
Top 3 Male and Female in each race will receive the corresponding Medal (Gold, Silver, Bronze for your division)
Top 15 Male and Female in each race will receive Top 15 Elite Finisher Shirts
In the Open/Elite Division there will be age group medals for the top 3 male and female (19 and Under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80 and over).
Post Race Water and Snacks provided.
Kona Ice, Pizza Truck, and Chick-Fil-A will also be available.