ISTE is currently accepting applications for the September 2017 (Cycle 10) cohort of the Verizon Mobile Learning Academy.
The Verizon Mobile Learning Academy (VMLA) is a FREE 10 week course designed and offered by ISTE for school and district teams in the U.S. This course is perfect for schools and districts that:
- want to provide an excellent technology integration PD opportunity for some or all of their staff;
- want to ensure that the technology they currently have is being used in innovative, student-centered ways;
- and would like support as they plan a new technology initiative.
In addition to being FREE, here are more great benefits of this program:
- Course materials and activities are online, allowing you to participate in world-class professional learning from your own school campus.
- ISTE provides an experienced Instructional Coach to work with your team and personalize the experience to address the specific questions and needs of your school and team members.
- Everyone who participates receives 2.5 Continuing Education Units (or 25 Continuing Education hours) from Johns Hopkins University.
- The team approach unites administrators, technology specialists/coaches, and educators in their vision for improving teaching and learning with technology.
You can review the details and the course syllabus or start your application at http://iste.org/vmla. September cohort registrations for your 5-10 person team are due September 11, 2017.
Actualizing your Mobile Learning Vision through Team-based PD
Presented by Nancye Blair Black, FSTE President & ISTE VMLA Faculty Lead
Participate in this live event to learn how school and district team-based professional learning can improve the buy-in and collaboration needed to achieve a shared vision around mobile learning. Takeaways will include strategies you can implement right away in your own PD initiatives as well as information about how to sign up for a free team-based mobile learning course facilitated by ISTE.