The purpose of the Resiliency Workshops are to create a sense of belonging and support. Through open conversations, group members learn tips and share information on topics of the first year experience that help them find success in their college experience.
Resiliency Workshop is to support students through open conversations on topics regarding the college experience.
- Tips and Resources for College Transition Google Doc
- Your First Year of College: 25 Tips to Help You Survive and Thrive in Your Freshman Year
- 9 Tips to Help First-Generation College Students Thrive in the First Semester
- Stress 101: How to Handle It Google Doc
- Senior Class Tips on Stress Management Google Doc
- Twin Ports Higher Ed Counselors Help Students in Stress-Filled Times
- Breathing Exercises
- Dealing with Stress - Ten Tips
Being First Generation
- Center for First Generation Success
- I'm First
- First Lady Michelle Obama: "I'm First"
- First Generation LIVE!
- First in the Family
Belonging and Relationships
- Belonging and Relationships Tips Google Doc
- Lessons From a College Student: Finding Your Fit on Campus
- How to Make Friends in College: A Comprehensive Guide
- 10 Ways to Make Friends in College
- Brené Brown's "The Power of Vulnerability" Ted Talk
- Building Healthy Relationships in College
- How to Build Relationships with Your College Professors
Relaxation and Meditation
- 11 Ways to Relax in College
- 22 Tips for College Students to Stress Less
- College Life: 10 Ways to Reduce Stress
- Top 10 School Stress Relievers for Students
- Dealing with Stress: Meditation
- Relaxation and Relaxation Exercises